Remember CD-ex 1.51 and CDBB? And it doesn't work? here's a fix!

Started by Obi-Wan Kenobi, 02 September 2023, 14:40:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Hey all, it's beena while since I posted anything useful here, but here is something that can help many of you.

For those that use CD-ex 1.51 or any other program , here is how to setup the updated Remote feeb.

CDex setup: Make sure that you use a valid email.
The path should be: /~cddb/cddb.cgi

For other CD to MP3 convertors go here for more info

https://gnudb.org/howto.php

This has solved a lot of issues for me, now you can convert all my CD's to 320kbps MP3 or any other format you desire without losing the quality of your CD's from over use.

Hereby I hope this helps some of you here, also shared this at x-3dfx & Voodooalert.

Rock on & stay safe.
Powered By The Force, x-3dfx & The Jedi Academy

Glide

Hi Obi, it's always nice to read you. How're you?

I've moved this thread to "Windows and Software for Windows" forum.

Thank you for sharing.

Bye bye

Obi-Wan Kenobi

oh no worries and me yea doing alright, been collecting diecast scale 1:200 Boeing 747's for the most of it.
I still have two 3dfx cards, as for CD-ex 1.51 this program I use to convert all my CD's to MP3 320knps, thereby keeping the CD's in good shape, mainly for my Sting & Zillion collection and some other albums I bought over the numerous years.

Looks like you actually updated this ofurm, I wonder if any of the older guys are around like hanksemenec, Nightbirdm, AMigaMerlin, SiRtA, yea  so many others, geez, there are times I wonder where everyone went.

I run x-3dfx at facebook btw, if you have FB  let me know and I'll invite ya right away.
You can find us here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/x3dfx

Also I tried to edit my projfile but I get an error that no HTML code is allowed, which is odd because the photo in my signature uses basic HTML rofl