GTA:VC V2

Started by kekit, 04 January 2005, 01:48:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Dautonico

Well i was triyng GTA:VC, but now im gonna try the original one under Xp, thanks everybody for giviming some hope on this one...
BraSil...

perer

And under directx it would never run very stable. A voodoo2 is a directx 5.0 card !!!!
Start War and peace will be appreciated

Dautonico

Well i here are my spec i hope u can help me out on this one
Sempron 2.2+
MB M825G
256Mb DDR 333
Voodoo 3 3000 PCI
Driver : SFFT 21
MesaFx: 6.2
Game : GTA 3
I just instaled the game, soh i copied the glide3x.dll from the mesa directory into my Winxp system32 directory, then i copied the opengl32.dll from mesa and put on the same directory as the exe from GTA 3, send it to the desktop as a link, and add the -opengl after the line, soh it looks like this "F:\Jogos\Pc's\GTA\GTA3\GTA3FIX\gta3.exe -opengl" So please what is that im making wrong?
BraSil...

secretfj

wow...
this gives me hope when GTA:San Andreas comes out..i will try it on my V3 machine first~~
No way a 3DFX collector...just a 3DFX die Hard Player~~

let the VooDoo Roars!!

P4 Extreme Edition 3.4GHz
Asus P5AD2 Deluxe i925x
2GB DDR2 667 DDRRAM
Voodoo 5 5500PCI

secretfj

QuoteOriginally posted by Dautonico

Wll doing what you said didnt make the game run on OpenGl, as the 3dfx logo screen didnt show up on the start as it uses when im using a mesaFx opengl to play a Opengl Game.... any help??? what more should i change?

some self-experience:
I've tried "Counter Strike: Condition Zero", i've used MESAFX ,no 3DFX logo on screen, but on the renderor option, it says it's using OpenGL..
so showing the 3DFX logo or not is not the key different between OGL and D3D as far as i can tell
so maybe you are already running GTA in OpenGL mode..
No way a 3DFX collector...just a 3DFX die Hard Player~~

let the VooDoo Roars!!

P4 Extreme Edition 3.4GHz
Asus P5AD2 Deluxe i925x
2GB DDR2 667 DDRRAM
Voodoo 5 5500PCI

Dautonico

Well... did you try it on your V3??? because i just cant get it to wokr.... daam i was so happy with this chance...
BraSil...

perer

I don't think the V3 will have enough power to play San Andreas. I think a Voodoo5 will nearly be able to do the trick. I suppose that this time Rockstar won't make a cheap port from the PS2.

Dautonico

Only a v5 will be capable of playing San Andreas.. as it is alreadywith the Need Underground... in here no way of working with GTa3...
BraSil...

ggab

maybe, offtopic, but

now, with this -opengl command, is it possible to play *without the frezze problem* Gta3 and/or GtaVC in a banshee and a v3?

PS: @Dautonico: with a v4 NFSU is playable too (640*480 and defaults details) :)

kekit

its not using d3d so, in theory, it shouldnt crash.

perer

Well I don't now about the banshee, I am running with a V2 SLI and it barely runs, I don't think a Banshee can run it at a decent speed. The V3 would be able to run it anytime.

Dautonico

@ggab

Im trying to run it on my voodoo 3 with the tips from Perer, but it just isint running, it crashes the same way it did with the normal operation, but im a very new user and im not so used to handle this things about config and drivers, if you could try it too maybe we could get some were
BraSil...

perer

@Dautonico:
I'll add you into my MSN and then I help you trying to get it run with the V3.

Dautonico

Ok im waiting for you help thank you very much
BraSil...

perer

Sorry I thought you would add me, I tried yout adres on 3dfxzone but it didn't work.