Midnight club 2 has directx 9 error with AM3.0

Started by amp_man, 08 September 2003, 21:29:24

Previous topic - Next topic

amp_man

Thanks Black_Out for the effort (and an actually useful post, it's the first one for this topic! even if it is disappointing). I'm about ready to give up on this whole 3dfx ****
When the sun goes down, the music turns up...

Windows XP Pro|Athlon XP 1800+|Voodoo 5 5500 AGP|MSI K7T266-A|768MB DDR 2700 RAM|SonicEdge 5.1 Sound Card

lecram25

Quotethat would be perhaps easier for people if you write what this game needs or/and if you have a link

Qui andate

| AMD Athlon XP (Barton) 2800+ @ 3200+ (11x200) | Cooler Master Jet 7 | ABIT NF7-S Rev 2.0 (nForce 2) | Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2 | Sapphire ATi Radeon 9500np>9700np | Sound Blaster Live! X-Gamer 5.1 | 3dfx VoodooTV 200 PCI | Western Digital 40GB & 120GB HDD | Pioneer 106s DVD | LG 52x24x52 CDRW | Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Theater 5.1 DTT3500 Digital Speakers |

Black_Out

QuoteOriginally posted by amp_man
----snip----
I reinstalled directx 9 and midnight club 2 will now start up and allow me into the menu, but whenever i try to run a race or change the video settigs, it will crash. does anyone know how to remedy this?

when the sun goes down, the music turns up...

I ehh..... believe that is the issue.
--------------------------------------------------
"Shop smart.........shop S-MART.....YA GOT THAT?!!"
-Ash from Army of darkness

Black_Out

Amp_man

If you have two system, do what I do -- run one with a Radeon (or in my case a geforce - soon to change!) and the other with your 3Dfx board - that way what one system can't run the other can.

Otherwise I'd ask one of the driver programmers to see if this is solvable, I'd hate to hear that you tossed your 3Dfx card --- though I can understand becuase it's been a pain in the ass getting stuff to work correctly 1/2 the time ever since 3Dfx took a dive inthe crapper.

amp_man

I have four systems (not all set up) but none of my other systems meet the minimum requirements. I will NEVER toss the 3dfx card, i'm consiering building a new system anyways, this one has a couple issues that would cost too much to screw around with, but i don't have the cash and i really wanna play this game i was over to a friend's house the other day and it looked awesome on his PS2.

Windows XP Pro|Athlon XP 1800+|Voodoo 5 5500 AGP|MSI K7T266-A|768MB DDR 2700 RAM|SonicEdge 5.1 Sound Card

Black_Out

Cool.:D

Yeah -- it certainly has been a pain in the ass when it comes to the new stuff - I gues then only thing that I can suggest is to run GLide based games as well as DirectX 7 (and below), and OpenGL 1.2 (and below) games on your 3Dfx system and run the new stuff on an Nvidia or ATI card that will run it decently (or at ll for that matter).

At least untill the AmigaMerlin team can find a way to provide some workaround for these issues via newer driver sets in the future, which I have a feeling, given enough time that just may happen.

amp_man

Okay, thanks for the help guys, but still no luck. I'm ordering a new video card right now, that should hopefully fix this issue.