New to forums, need help with 3d analyze

Started by kleenexgorilla94, 27 June 2010, 18:08:47

Previous topic - Next topic

kleenexgorilla94

Hi everyone, I just got 3d analyze to help me use a game. I admit I don't know anything at all about what the settings mean but someone posted a comment telling me these would help me start my game. It's "Broken sword: Angel of Death" (Or "Broken Sword 4 for short). It doesn't work at all without 3D analyze (It says that it can't start Drect X and closes down). The settings I checked on 3D analyze are: Emulate Pixel Shader Caps, Force SW TNL and Force Max Pixel Shader Version 1.4. When I run the game with these settings I can get sound and can click around but I get no video. Anyone have any suggestions?

Edit: Also, the game requires an Nvidia 6200 grapics card if that help. My Computer is a Dell with Windows xp and an onboard graphics card that doesn't work normally with the game.

ps47

try forcing pixel shader 1.1 (pixel and vertex shader),emulate hardware T&L,pixel shader and other dx8.1 caps (hardware limits),and perhaps set device id to geforce ti4600..but hearing sound and not seeing anything usually means that the game uses pixel shaders to display everything,and that means you are out of luck-see http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14839

the best solution would be buying a proper graphics card-as long as your dell pc has an agp slot (it should have it,unless its really,really ancient-try posting the model number of the pc),you should be able to get a compatible graphics card (a geforce6200 agp for example,it is available in both full and low profile formats,and you can get one quite cheaply from ebay or similar sites).