V3->Banshee!, if somebody wants to help...

Started by Raziel64, 17 July 2003, 03:15:53

Previous topic - Next topic

mojomotion

But it's possible to mod Win2k V3 Driver to make them compatible with Banshee under winXP?? This may be a good thing...

<powered by radeon9700>
Banshee Team

Raziel64

Evolution Drivers Series

mojomotion

I send the address of the driver u made with HEx Hack to my betatester...i'll put here what he say about them!:)

p.s Why have u put in them the wickedGL client instead of ICD 761??? It has more performance??? I've tested it some months ago but the ICD whas better in FPS...

<powered by radeon9700>
Banshee Team

Raziel64

mojomotion, the reason for include the wickedgl file is really simple... it's smallest and then, the final uha package is smallest too. The problem is that I've a 1 mb max. size of a file limitation in my hosting service (www.iespana.es)... I think that the original ICD is fastest too, only replace it before make the installation...

Regards.

BansheeXP Driver author
Evolution Drivers Series

mojomotion

ok no problem;)
I've got an ftp totally free that support files until 500mb so if you have got problem with your ftp i'll host 4 you what you want!

Bye

<powered by radeon9700>
Banshee Team

PanoramixDruida

I've compiled MesaGL OK. But I think they don't use hardware. I can help you compiling it again and send you the .dlls

Raziel64

WoW!, PanoramixDruida, you can do it for us? :)

Thx, please send me a copy to this e-mail: raziel64_tester@hotmail.com

Note: I've another compiled version that uses hardware accel. We can compare both if you want.

Cya.

BansheeXP Driver author
Evolution Drivers Series

mojomotion

Thx Panoramix! But where can i find a guide for compile the mesa library?? THX:)

<powered by radeon9700>
Banshee Team

PanoramixDruida

Download the MesaLib sources from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3&release_id=149763 . Download the MesaDemos too from the same URL.
Unpack first the MesaLib sources into a directory you want. Then, if you wanna try the demos, unpack the MesaDemos into the MesaLib directory.
Then read the file readme.win32 that's into docs directory. Follow the instructions.
That's all!

PanoramixDruida

Raziel64, if I can help this community, I'll do it. I'm not a programmer, but I can compile the drivers if you want, and if you tell me what to do.

mojomotion

Hi Panoramix,
can u compile the 3dfx Glide driver in Mesa?? i've found the docs but it doesn't explain clear how to do! THX:D

<powered by radeon9700>
Banshee Team

PanoramixDruida

I don't know how to do this too!. Somebody knows?

Raziel64

mmmh... let me see. I know a guy that can give you some help in it. In fact, he's one of the only ones that compiles the last mesa and make it works in glide, and only in a few hours!!!.
He's McLeod (mcleod2032@yahoo.com), author of the evoodoo proyect, an glide3x wrapper for non-3dfx users.
He have too good ideas about how implement multitexturing support in glide3x, making an special version for Banshees.

BansheeXP Driver author
Evolution Drivers Series

PanoramixDruida

Raziel64, did you receive my e-mail with MesaGL compiled?. Was that what you wanted?

Raziel64

Oh, yes, thx...

In fact is very well compiled but w/o acceleration. Please, contact to mcleod and you'll that he really can help you (his first version doesn't start the glide acceleration, and in 5 minutes he fixed this).

Regards.

BansheeXP Driver author
Evolution Drivers Series