The biggest Voodoo5 6000 test ever is online

Started by Raff3DC, 22 January 2007, 00:19:20

Previous topic - Next topic

roflkopp

QuoteOriginally posted by Targaff

Quick update, I'm working my way through page 3 right now.  I'm trying to devote an hour or so an evening to it, but I don't always have the time spare :/

I'd be grateful if one of you could clarify what Texturruhe is, though, I don't even know what this is referring to?  I've never heard the term before... [Edit: is it texture smoothing?]

It's the opposite of texture flickering / texture shimmering.

roflkopp

Targaff

Hiya,

I had to leave off for a bit because unfortunately paid work and paying bills take priority over doing stuff I actually enjoy.  I started on it again last night, funnily enough, but obviously delays meant slower progress.  Estimate is 35% done; I should reiterate again that the article is very top-heavy and once the next, say, 25% or so is done the last bit is mostly discussion of benchmarks, which is far quicker to work through than, say, in-depth discussion of the 22-bit postfilter!

So yeah, don't worry, I'm still on it, but I wasn't kidding when I said time would be my main issue.

Raff3DC

Nice to know! Please keep up the good work – many english-speaking 3dfx freaks will thank you for this. :)

Greetings,
Raff
The biggest Voodoo5 6000 test ever: http://3dcenter.de/artikel/voodoo5-6000/

Targaff

Targaff

Raff3DC/roflkopp: I'm getting towards the end of this (page 21, ~ 80%) but I could do with one of you checking what I've got to this point to make sure all the techy stuff is correct.  Can either of you help with that, and if so, where should I send it?

Cheers.

Raff3DC

Oh ... I didn't receive any mails from you. Maybe my spam filter caught (and killed) it. [:(]
Could you please try again to send it? If I know when and where I have to check, it will work I hope. :D

Greetings and many thanks,
Raff

roflkopp

You also may send a mail to 101m4n-at-gmx-dot-at.

Targaff

rofl: sent, let me know if you get it please.

Raff: I did try to e-mail you again and privmsg you here as well, but to no avail :/

Raff3DC

Strange. But ok, roflkopp already posted it at 3DCenter. :)

Honestly: awesome work! Your translation sounds excellent. I don't think that anyone else could have done it better. Please keep it up! Many english-speaking 3dfx fans will love it. =)

Greetings from Germany,
Raff

Targaff

Not really.  I did up to the end of page 25, but I haven't touched it since, as I no longer have an office to work in due to changes in family circumstances that also effectively nixed my free time.  I've not really been back here since - I don't think i've logged onto 3dfxzone for a good 3-4 months.

I'll post the small additional part I have finished on the 3dcenter thread immediately.  Given that there is only the conclusion to complete, it might be more equitable for someone else to get that bit out of the way, since most of the information they need would be in the rest of the document anyhow.  Alternatively I have a week's holiday in November and I could maybe do it then, but obviously that's another wait you'd have to deal with.  Your call.

(Incidentally, I was kinda expecting a rewrite of the first few paragraphs from other quarters ;) but it never happened.)

Targaff

Feck it, I couldn't sleep.  Conclusion translated on the other site (albeit without a dictionary and not proofread; who knows, it might turn out better that way).

Raff3DC

Excellent work! In the name of my colleagues I really want to thank you for this fine translation. We'll immediately start building an english article with this text. :)

Greetings from Germany,
Raff

gdonovan

QuoteOriginally posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi

true the desired speed was 183 but since all prototypes are clocked default @ 167Mhz I'd say use that default speed ;) so would gdonovan.

Please, do not assume what I would say at any given moment.