Voodoo 6000 run on pci!!!!

Started by cosworth6k, 24 September 2003, 20:10:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Harrison

I tried a Voodoo 5500 in a multi-processor PIII, it failed to run some of the DX7 samples properly, that ran on a uni-processor machine. I am not sure that the driver synchronisation is up to it myself. You would need to verify that your appplication was multi-threaded although you could get a performance increase for a single threaded app, as the OS and other processes could run in parallel, without stealing processor time from the foreground app.

Paul

Obi-Wan Kenobi

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul Harrison

I tried a Voodoo 5500 in a multi-processor PIII, it failed to run some of the DX7 samples properly, that ran on a uni-processor machine. I am not sure that the driver synchronisation is up to it myself. You would need to verify that your appplication was multi-threaded although you could get a performance increase for a single threaded app, as the OS and other processes could run in parallel, without stealing processor time from the foreground app.

Paul

Well yes I think your right paul, but can it also be possible that CPU 0 controls the Operating system end CPU 1 the Aplication?

Well I know for sure, that my Voodoo5 5500 AGP was having a ball.:)