SFFT alpha drivers - V3/4/5 - Join to Testing

Started by Glide, 22 May 2004, 17:02:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Dolenc

Anyway a few months later I gave it a go.

The problem is, those resolutions dont exists in the driver.
Game reads them from the system so they show up, but ofc when you go through opengl->glide, driver doesnt really know what the **** you want from it.

My "educated guess" was that the problem is not on the openGl icd/minigl side, since it behaved the same with different ones and atleast one of them (my money was on mesafx) would get it right, but on glides side, since it gets converted anyway.

Few days ago a took a shot at one of koolsmokys glide sources and got it to work(ish) using existing resolution placeholders and adding some more.

Its still far off and Im kinda lost in it, wont say I know what Im doing and theres some weird things happening or I missed something :D, but there it is
When Im done, Ill post the changes here or send to Sfft if he is still up to making an update to the driver.

21:9 - 1920x800

m14radu

Wow, thats amazing Dolenc !
good work, im impressed about the results.

keep up the good work :)
Follow your dreams !

Glide

Hi all.

@Dolenc, both games look impressive. Compliments.

Bye bye

ciacara

QuoteOriginally posted by Dolenc

Anyway a few months later I gave it a go.

The problem is, those resolutions dont exists in the driver.
Game reads them from the system so they show up, but ofc when you go through opengl->glide, driver doesnt really know what the **** you want from it.

My "educated guess" was that the problem is not on the openGl icd/minigl side, since it behaved the same with different ones and atleast one of them (my money was on mesafx) would get it right, but on glides side, since it gets converted anyway.

Few days ago a took a shot at one of koolsmokys glide sources and got it to work(ish) using existing resolution placeholders and adding some more.

Its still far off and Im kinda lost in it, wont say I know what Im doing and theres some weird things happening or I missed something :D, but there it is
When Im done, Ill post the changes here or send to Sfft if he is still up to making an update to the driver.

Hello Dolenc and welcome.;)
The results you have achieved are truly remarkable. Congratulations!

I hope that, once you have found the solution, you will also write the results here, as well as send them to SFFT.

Thanks again for your efforts. :)

P.S.
Remember to subscribe by ticking "Check here to subscribe to this topic", otherwise you will not receive notifications. ;)
I am sorry for my English ;) :D

Dolenc

Yea more exploring needed, just add some resolutions they said.... Its more than just glide part, does checks elsewhere too(I guess), so Im checking minivdd next [|)], just hope its not that mode table ...

You can have desktop and d3d games already with just adding the required timings, that you can get here(bottom of post reg files):
https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?p=1051669#p1051669

And if someone want to help me a little bit, how can I read debug messages?
"GDBG_INFO(110, "%s:  "Read me");"

Dolenc

Ill just talk to myself some more :)

"Yea more exploring needed, just add some resolutions they said.... Its more than just glide part, does checks elsewhere too(I guess), so Im checking minivdd next , just hope its not that mode table ..."

No buddy your wrong, it is only in glide and it does look at the mode table, either add values or make a workaround ignoring modes.

"And if someone want to help me a little bit, how can I read debug messages?
"GDBG_INFO(110, "%s: "Read me");""

Sure buddy let me tell you, its easy, you just enable debugging when building dll, now when you run the game in the root folder you will get a .txt file "dbg" and you can read all the logoutputs there. Yea life is easyer now!

Dolenc

Well I have everything working, was wrong from the start, resolutions needed to be added to OpenGl too, so I used mesafx. (dont have the source for 3dfx opengl wrapper)

About a week lost experimenting with workarounds cus I was stubborn, happens :), at the end only resolution list had to be expanded.

Theres a smarter way of doing this, like those 2 wizzards from nGlide forum did https://www.zeus-software.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4397#p4397, but sice this isnt a wrapper, would need a bit of a re-write to handle different resolutions and what they do to the card(2pixel rend, sli, could be more ...) and since voodoo has finite resolutions that are usable and someone has to make the timings, lets stick to "dumb" solution for now.

I need a bit of help getting sources if someone has them, mesaFx 6.3 (have 6.2 now), something for glide2x, Ill try to get that glideXp wrapper going, but just in case, I see people using newer that whats posted on koolsmokys site. Appriciated if someone has anything.

ciacara

Sorry Dolenc but I didn't answer you because I didn't know how to help you. However, your 'Monologue' produced excellent results.;)

For the Mesa files, try having a look here:
https://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/3dfx/mesafx/archive/

Well I have everything working, was wrong from the start, resolutions needed to be added to OpenGl too, so I used mesafx. (dont have the source for 3dfx opengl wrapper)

About a week lost experimenting with workarounds cus I was stubborn, happens :), at the end only resolution list had to be expanded.

Theres a smarter way of doing this, like those 2 wizzards from nGlide forum did https://www.zeus-software.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4397#p4397, but sice this isnt a wrapper, would need a bit of a re-write to handle different resolutions and what they do to the card(2pixel rend, sli, could be more ...) and since voodoo has finite resolutions that are usable and someone has to make the timings, lets stick to "dumb" solution for now.

I need a bit of help getting sources if someone has them, mesaFx 6.3 (have 6.2 now), something for glide2x, Ill try to get that glideXp wrapper going, but just in case, I see people using newer that whats posted on koolsmokys site. Appriciated if someone has anything.

Dolenc

Those are already built, need the source, will keep searching, think mesa 6.2 has that alt-tab bug.

Here are some preview files, if anyone wanna give it a try (pre-pre-pre-pre-release with no guarantee) (required timings are link a few post before)

https://easyupload.io/9ocf8t (link expires in 30 days)

(!Backup any existing files you have, so you can revert back!)
- glide2x_wrapper.dll, dont need this one, but I use it for testing, same as every other glide2xp build, rename to glide2x.dll and put in windowssystem or windowssystem32 for xp.
- glide3x_ks210.dll, build from KoolSmoky v2610 glide source, fairly stable, this one is in my testing a bit faster, has some gamma issues in some games, rename to glide3x.dll and put in windowssystem or windowssystem32 for xp.
- glide3x_sourcef.dll, build from sourceforges 4040 source found on sezeros github, has shaky 2d image(atleast for me) in xp and some red color tinting in both xp and win98, not sure whats up, early builds were working semi-fine, rename to glide3x.dll and put in windowssystem or windowssystem32 for xp.
- opengl32_mesa.dll, built from mesafx6.2 found on sezeros github, rename to usually Opengl32.dll and put next to games exe and pray it takes this one.

What I test with is raziel 1.06 for win98 and sfft 1.9 (or is it last alpha? forgot) for xp.
If Im spaming Sfft-s topic too much, let me know and Ill open another one.

ciacara

Looking around for mesa 6.3 source files....;)

Let's say this is your own topic, so you could open a dedicated thread, since your mod is derived from several files and drivers.

This is my opinion, but I think Glide can confirm it.

Congratulations on your perseverance and results! :)

Those are already built, need the source, will keep searching, think mesa 6.2 has that alt-tab bug.

Here are some preview files, if anyone wanna give it a try (pre-pre-pre-pre-release with no guarantee) (required timings are link a few post before)

https://easyupload.io/9ocf8t (link expires in 30 days)

(!Backup any existing files you have, so you can revert back!)
- glide2x_wrapper.dll, dont need this one, but I use it for testing, same as every other glide2xp build, rename to glide2x.dll and put in windowssystem or windowssystem32 for xp.
- glide3x_ks210.dll, build from KoolSmoky v2610 glide source, fairly stable, this one is in my testing a bit faster, has some gamma issues in some games, rename to glide3x.dll and put in windowssystem or windowssystem32 for xp.
- glide3x_sourcef.dll, build from sourceforges 4040 source found on sezeros github, has shaky 2d image(atleast for me) in xp and some red color tinting in both xp and win98, not sure whats up, early builds were working semi-fine, rename to glide3x.dll and put in windowssystem or windowssystem32 for xp.
- opengl32_mesa.dll, built from mesafx6.2 found on sezeros github, rename to usually Opengl32.dll and put next to games exe and pray it takes this one.

What I test with is raziel 1.06 for win98 and sfft 1.9 (or is it last alpha? forgot) for xp.
If Im spaming Sfft-s topic too much, let me know and Ill open another one.

Dolenc

So this one stays, as ment, for sfft drivers feedback, rambling continues here:
https://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=36175

Dolenc

I dont see a PM option, so @SFFT if you are still here and up for a driver refresh. Its just glide and opengl.

Here are the prebuilt files, I describe additions in "Ini additions.txt". In readme you can see changes.
In short:
- glide2x to glide3x wrapper
- glide3x from laster sourceforge dev branch source and with added changes
- mesaFx 6.2(ish) for openGl icd with added changes

Think I added all the files needed. Pass is sfft, link expires in 30days.
https://easyupload.io/qyczd2

If you want sources and build it yourself, or just the changes, ofc you can get them too.