Doom3 + Voodoo2_Patch_v1_0

Started by Doom, 05 November 2004, 19:39:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightbird

@ Doom
Do you think that's possible to help others "lower-end graphics cards" like Gazz would like ?

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

Doom

@ Nightbird
    Yes V5 patch will be work for all cards :)

@ Voodoo5
   Yes i have some ideas to do Voodoo5 HighFps patch for Doom3, but my V5 is caput and is realy hard get it in my country
Doom3_Voodoo2_Patch_v1_0 Download : www.voodoo.zarovka.com

XP 1800+@2600+ ; 256MB RAM ; 15GB HDD ; Voodoo 1 4MB ; Voodoo 2 12MB SLI; Voodoo 3 AGP TV OUT ;
V5 5500 with 1xVSA100

Nightbird

@ Doom
Consider that you have a new Voodoo 5 5500 Agp.
Let me only some time and i will find you a Voodoo 5 working. :)
As soon as i get it, i contact you.

edit : free, no cost for you.

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

perer

Damn, I really need to speed up my project. I hope it is finished by Christmas. Maybe IF I Also would have a V5 5500 I would consider programming for the VSA-100[:p].

@Patience do not offer me ANYTHING until I have released my first release of Glide3x (together with the rest of the Glide3x team of sourceforge I assume).
Start War and peace will be appreciated

Poots

I can't beleive you people. This website is entitled "3dfxzone", and this is the biggest thing to happen in 3DFX's name for over 4 years, for Christ's sake, and all you people do is bitch about the load time? This is the SCREENSHOTS section of a VOODOO-related and VOODOO-named website and you're bitching about the picture count? It took me all of 15 seconds to load this website on a 3MBps Cable connection... if you have dial-up, who the hell are you to be viewing the SCREENSHOTS section to begin with? This is the biggest thing to happen to this communtiy and this entire website probably ever... enjoy the thousands of free hits, enjoy the publicity, and respect Doom for doing such an amazing feat. Honestly.

kiksdomo

Hey Personally I think these graphics are better than on a high end card...You can actually see things :D.

swampfootjoe

Wow , Great hack !!!!

I am very interested in how you have done that ! :) due to some peformance issues on my geforce2 tripple monitor setup.
screenshots look great couldn't believe that a voodoo2 card was capable of doing that !!!!!

Keep da happy freaking

Friendly greetings

Kevlar

swampfootjoe@gmail.com

Scarceas

I don't see what all the fuss is about.  The image quality pales compared to this 6800 Ultra screenshot:

omega_supreme

Is this a joke [xx(] ?
I only see a black screen

sl3000gt94

I think it was supposed to be a joke...Saying the Voodoo2 u can actually see stuff and know what your doing and its cheap..vs Spending 400bucks on a card and the game is basically just black and dark and u cant see anything anyway..

Incredible.

So far, hardly anyone seems to have commented on what an absolute slap in the mouth this is to the video card industry.  Basically this shows that every card one market is a piece of crap and you are getting robbed blind.  If a Voodoo2 can SLI this with 12MB and no T&L, at what looks like some pretty decent FPS, then the difference between this and 6 years of development and technology is TINY.  Every new card on the market blows chunks apparently.  

I now and forever hate the management at 3dfx.  You sissy-boys shoulda sucked it up and fought harder.  Instead you bailed.  Wimps.  You would have ruled the world with tile rendering.  John Carmack is an ass, screw him and his 32-bit color.

Coweater

It is an excellent feat, but when you consider all the things the card isn't rendering it really doesn't compare to how fast the newer cards are.

Bobby

Doom

thanks for the nice work.

I installed the patch Doom3_V2_Patch_v1_0.exe

when I put opengl32.dll from wickedgl 3.02 into the doom3 folder, i get an error saying glide3x.dll will not load.  if i use the current opengl32.dll from the system32 folder (not from wicked gl 3.02) and copy it into the doom3 folder, it starts to load and i get another error message that says
Doom3 has encountered a problem and needs to close.

I am using WinXP SP1, does this patch only work with Win98SE?
i am trying this on a P2 with 128M Ram, and voodoo 3 2000 16M

opengl32.dll  wickedgl 3.02 version is 268KB
opengl32.dll  current version is 670KB

Does this patch work with the Doom3 v1.1 patch?
if it does, do I install  your Doom3_V2_Patch_v1_0.exe BEFORE installing the doom3 v1.1 patch, or AFTER?

I have never used wickedgl before, do i need to activate it?

thanks for any help

dborca

QuoteOriginally posted by guest

John Carmack is an ass, screw him and his 32-bit color.
i disagree.

Carmack simply rulez. however, i do agree about sucky 3dfx management.

still missing the link between these two assertions?
well, due to 3dfx management and without the pressure of guys like carmack, we would still have Voodoo2 accelerators in today's computers, as the only choice. the fact is, graphics business evolves, and so it should. i agree that 80% of the new features in the graphics specs are not really used, but still, there are a few things of real value: dot3, cubemap, hw TCL springs to mind. these are just a couple of examples that 3dfx simply refused to implement (or were unable to). so to speak, as an end-user, we would have been at the mercy of several (3dfx staff) people. and i think the fierce competition was the GoodThing.

as someone said, here, on this forum: we would have had Voodoo7 Nitro these days, doomed to compete with today's low-end cards. puh-lease!
Regards,
Daniel Borca

sirkoz

QuoteOriginally posted by dborca
....there are a few things of real value: dot3, cubemap, hw TCL springs to mind.....

...as someone said, here, on this forum: we would have had Voodoo7 Nitro these days, doomed to compete with today's low-end cards. puh-lease!

Now that is just ludicrous, dborca. [:0][:(!]
3dfx would have to support all those features, if they were to make a DX8 card and they did support it - in Rampage. ;)