JK2 Jedi Outcast

Started by Nosttam Erik, 14 July 2004, 07:35:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosttam Erik

i just got this game and i used to be able to play it and now i cant because i need to download the latest drivers for it, but i donkno where to download it[:(]
Erik

Rolo01

As this games uses OpenGL I suggest you try MesaFX.
Get it here :
https://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/3dfx/mesafx/download/index.htm
Just put the glide3x.dll and opengl32.dll in the game directory and you are ready...
You can see that MesaFX is activated when a 3dfx-Splash-Screen appears at the beginning of the game...

Sanek

I've tried using MESA with JK2, but it crashes.

Last version of WickedGL works fine for me.
Intel Celeron 433 MHz
128MB + 32MB RAM
40GB + 5.5GB HDD
ATI Rage IIc (poor D3D and OpenGL performance)
Dimond Monster 3D II 8MB 3D-Accelerator
Win98SE
Win2K Pro SP4 + Aston Shell 1.9.0
RedHat Linux 7.5
DirectX 8.1 (Win98)
FastVoodoo2 4.6 Driver Set
DirectX 9.0b (Win2K)
FastVoodoo2 4.0XP GE Driver Set

dborca

downloading jk2 now
Regards,
Daniel Borca

Rolo01

JK2 works fine here, tested with Voodoo5 PCI and Mesa 6.1.0.6.
Only issue is that the game crashes when you try to change settings like resolution or color depth ingame...

dborca

Yep, ure right. Works. Haven't tried to change resolution, though... But this is win32 related, and Kool is currently working on it.
Regards,
Daniel Borca

PcJax

The WickedGL 4.99 works greatly for me in this game (you know the openglv5.dll wich comes with somes games from ID Software like Return to castle of Wolfenstein, is like any other wickedgl but without that demo or beta splash), I don't remember that crash changing the resolution but probably its true, I don't test it recently so probably I had forgotten it.

Teff

QuoteOriginally posted by PcJax

The WickedGL 4.99 works greatly for me in this game (you know the openglv5.dll wich comes with somes games from ID Software like Return to castle of Wolfenstein, is like any other wickedgl but without that demo or beta splash), I don't remember that crash changing the resolution but probably its true, I don't test it recently so probably I had forgotten it.

WickedGL 4.99???
I have the "Return to the castle wolfenstein" too,
but, where is it???[?]
Always powered by:
CPU:Pentium III 500Mhz
RAM:256 RAM
Video card:
Voodoo 3 2000(8MB)
Driver:
AmigaMerlin V2.9  (9x/ME)
DirectX 9.0c
MesaFX-6.3(the lastest version)