Glide Rendering in Quake III

Started by AntiMatter_16, 27 February 2006, 04:45:14

Previous topic - Next topic

AntiMatter_16

I'm having a problem with my Voodoo3 and Quake III. It will not let me select the voodoo (glide) rendering in the setup menu. I was originally using XP and the SFFT 34 drivers, but then reinstalled Win98 with the lastest Amiga Merlin drivers. Still no go. Homeworld also won't let me select the 3dfx rendiner. Both games will let me run the OpenGL rendering, but it's really REALLY slow. Unreal Tournament lets me select the Glide Rendering, but it's helluva slow as well.

I tried using these dlls, that PS47 mentioned, but it didn't fix my problem...
SLI Voodoo2s 12meg
Voodoo3 2000 16meg

ps47

as I said:

Quoteboth games dont use glide natively.for quake3 (opengl game),copy the last opengl icd (rename to opengl32.dll) to your q3 folder and make sure to select opengl in the game video options.q3 ran pretty well on my old K6 with voodoo3,but I have win98se installed.old pcs+xp=no good,if memory serves.

homeworld is somewhat problematic,as it doesnt support opengl under win2000/xp.check your homeworld folder,there should be a folder named "drivers" or something like that.inside that folder,there should be another folder named winnt (or something like that) with an 3dfx opengl driver inside.rename the folder to win9x (or windows9x,as I said,I'm not sure what the original name is,basically you need to change "nt" to "9x"),and 3dfx opengl (from the ingame video menu) should be available again.
taht pretty much covers it all.