voodoo2 cards wont work in XP???

Started by Mike72c, 20 November 2009, 06:33:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike72c

I have recently changed my op from 98se to xp.  The cards worked flawlessly even though they were mismatched in sli-mode.  Now after loading the GE 4.0 software in XP they dont seem to be working. I followed the instructions for loading the drivers. Now in the hardware tab there are 2 cards shown with no conflicts, the drivers is listed correctly and resources are shown. When I go to the 3dfx tab under advanced in display tab I see in system info no specs on the cards except the winglide 2 driver version 1.00.01.0106 is listed. Everything else in that tab is 0 ram on cards sli not detected like the cards are dead or something. I am pretty much a novice when it comes to moving around files to the exact correct place they need to be to allow stuff to work right. If you folks can help me shed some light on what I am doing wrong I would appreciate it. I am missing these cards badly  I have alot of old glide games I still play.   lol

ps47

the info does not show correctrly under xp,thats a known issue..but the cards should be working anyway-try running a glide game,as long as it works,you can just ignore it..if it doesn't,check here: http://helppage.3dfx.sk/#SLI