Mismatched driver needed for 8MB and 12MB cards?

Started by Prodoc, 28 July 2004, 18:53:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Prodoc

Hi,

I've got a Diamond Monster 3D II 8MB card and I'm able to buy a secondhand Diamond Monster 3D II 12MB card.
Do I need the mismatched drivers for this as well?

As the mismatched feedback thread states: "We remember that mismatched means that your Voodoo2 SLI does not use boards of same manufacturer: for example one arrives from Creative and one from Diamond."

I'm running WinXP and since those drivers aren't perfect yet I prefer to use the normal FastVoodoo2 4.0 XP drivers.

I just want to know before I buy the card. Maybe I'll deside to buy it anyway, if so you'll have another beta tester ;-)
Diplomacy: The ability to tell a person that he can go to hell in such a way that he looks forward to the trip!

ps47

you shouldnt need the mismatched driver.the 12 meg card will act like 8 meg so you will have 16 meg voodoo2 SLI..

ArchAngelCD

I would suggest buying 2 of the same card so that you won't have problems. I have a pair of Diamond Monster II 12Mb cards and they work better than the 8Mb SLI setup. See if you can get another 8 MB card to go along with the one you have or buy 2 12Mb cards and sell the 8Mb card. You shouldn't need mis-matched drivers since they are both DiamondMM Voodoo cards.

Asus P4P800 i865PE | Intel 3.2 GHz P4C | 2048 Mb Kingston PC3200 Dual Channel DDR SRAM | 160 Gb Western Digital SATA HD | NEC ND-3520 16X DVD-RW | WinXP Pro SP2 | ATI Radeon X850 Pro | 6-channel AD1985 audio CODEC | 3Com 3C940 Gigabit LAN | Diamond Monster 3D II 24Mb SLI