Help me, please!!!

Started by Victor, 25 May 2004, 13:48:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor

Help me, please!!!
I have bugs with my Voodoo 5 5500 AGP, WinXP SP1 and all drivers, includin' original 3dfx driver (3dfxvs.dll ver. 5.00.2195.0232). The bugs in DirectX games (most of them uses DirectX8): Sacred, Arx Fatalis, NFS Hot Pursuit 2, GROM, BMX2 and some others. Only if i install original driver over standart WinXP driver w/o deleting 3dfxvs section of registry, i have normal picture. Most of other games works perfect, such as Hitman2, Max Payne 1&2.
The bugs:
Arx Fatalis - mana and health indicates, but not change on the screen, mouse cursor static on the black squer, menus don't transparent.
NFS HP2 - no small NFS logo in the game menus and their borders looks ugly, loading bar longer then normal and w/o border, back mirror also w/o border.
Sacred - transparent map don't work and on the map all black, pictures on the different load screens looks same.
BMX - all text in the game blinking or not rendering.
When i install AM 3.0 there is disappear 85 Hz for 960x720 res. - it has only 60&75Hz.

r21vo

maybe try different drivers, I tried to run NFS: HP2 on VooDoo4 4500 and it worked perfectly.
for what you need 960x720 resolurion, can't you use 800x600 or 1024x768 instead?

3dfx tricks, tests and wallpapers

3dfx.rule.lv

Rampage

I think you have a bit of driver corruption.

You may try to reinstall Windows. Then install the latest and best driver. You can also try Windows 98. Or even make a dual boot. Which I have too.
Porsche Owned!!!