How many people is owner of the v6k!

Started by osckhar, 13 December 2003, 03:09:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Well a friend of mine from Gathering of Tweakers in holland has a nice refference of the most 3dfx photo's I've ever seen and yes here is a link: http://members.lycos.nl/pictures3dfx/

and I suppose you mean this pic:

though this is the only photo I know that has prototypes on Napalm in it, if there are more photo's of it, it would be nice to share those beauty pics !.

Doen anyone here have a high res photo of the Voodoo5 6000 with the 2x2 VSA-100 layout? also if possible a shot of the back of that 2x2 VSA-100 card;)

Regards, Obi-Wan Kenobi

P.S. hey Oscar try this link:

http://members.lycos.nl/pictures3dfx/3dfx%20Voodoo%205%206000%20AGP%20Collection%203.jpg

Then I hope you know what I mean :)
Powered By The Force, x-3dfx & The Jedi Academy

Rolo01

OK, here you go :

Image Insert:

428.76 KB

Image Insert:

497.41 KB

Obi-Wan Kenobi

well that are some very impressive photo's!! Rolo, I thank you very much for these shot's, never seen them before, by the way the first shot I see that the 2x2 model is quite small compared to the others, but what is that model above the 2x2 card?
is that an V5 6K wit 8 VSA-100's?

osckhar

Hi at all,

Is very nice to see the v6k 2x2 (It is very little too), Are there prototypes v6k 2x2 working?
Somebody is owner it?

Rolo01, do you know where this lucky guy found all those cards (USA)?
Who is fortunate?

P.D. FINALLY I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SELL MY BABY!!! :D
I have retired my v6k from ebay!;)

Thanks
Regards
oscar

amp_man

@Obi-wan: I believe that 3dfx simply took some of the GPU heatsinks and bridged them accross the RAM to create ram-sinks, that doesn't look like it would be 4 more GPUs. Also, the card would have no RAM on the front!
When the sun goes down, the music turns up...

Windows XP Pro|Athlon XP 1800+|Voodoo 5 5500 AGP|MSI K7T266-A|768MB DDR 2700 RAM|SonicEdge 5.1 Sound Card

Obi-Wan Kenobi

QuoteOriginally posted by amp_man

@Obi-wan: I believe that 3dfx simply took some of the GPU heatsinks and bridged them accross the RAM to create ram-sinks, that doesn't look like it would be 4 more GPUs. Also, the card would have no RAM on the front!

Yeah you're right there, you got point! Thanx for the tip BTW!;)

Still looks funny though with all those fans.

BTW, has anyone have this Intel revision Voodoo5 6000 Rev 1000?

And if so are these the most rarest of all Voodoo5 6000's?

Rolo01

The name of the guy who found the box with 15 cards is Clay, he lives in Texas. I also bought my card from him.
None of the 2x2 models are working. They have no traces on the pcb and were just demonstration objects when 3dfx wanted to show something in the early days of the development.
I know one guy in USA who has a 6000 Rev.1000, but all known cards of this type are non working. The 3dfx engineer who fixed my card tried to repair the Rev.1000, but it burned everytime you switched it on.
Yes, I think this rev. is pretty rare.
BTW, I have an interesting photo when 3dfx was thinking about a giant V3 heatsink to put on the 6k :

Image Insert:

33.37 KB

Obi-Wan Kenobi

QuoteOriginally posted by Rolo01

The name of the guy who found the box with 15 cards is Clay, he lives in Texas. I also bought my card from him.
None of the 2x2 models are working. They have no traces on the pcb and were just demonstration objects when 3dfx wanted to show something in the early days of the development.
I know one guy in USA who has a 6000 Rev.1000, but all known cards of this type are non working. The 3dfx engineer who fixed my card tried to repair the Rev.1000, but it burned everytime you switched it on.
Yes, I think this rev. is pretty rare.
BTW, I have an interesting photo when 3dfx was thinking about a giant V3 heatsink to put on the 6k :

Image Insert:

33.37 KB

wOOOOt!!! Rolo that 2x2 V5 6K is really 1337!!!

It is a pitty that there are no working samples of the 2x2 card [:(]

It's size is also more relavant for people with smaller cases. I just wish that 3dfx was still alive, I really miss thier Voodoo buisness, okay the only thing we can do know is collect their wonders and dream on. The Voodoo5 6000 was actually the most impressive thing I've ever seen, just would love to own one though, okay it's free to dream I guess :)

3dfx is The First, The Last Eternity