Voodoo5 5500 on K8T800Pro ( AGP 4x )

Started by m14radu, 25 July 2007, 07:58:15

Previous topic - Next topic

m14radu

Follow your dreams !

princess

QuoteOriginally posted by m14radu
The next step will be to find out witch chipset agree this overvoltage ! ( i bet that nforce3 chipset will agree this )
i've got an epox 8kda3+ board with the nforce3 250GB chipset running my v4 and i do not see this voltage available, though there may be a modded bios that provides it.

m14radu

try using the Motherboard monitor ( MBM ) Tool.
Follow your dreams !

kogashuko

hey duys

Your on some insane mods. Im too scared ill fry my card.
i have some weird little thingy built up, Still needs some old parts but i whant to
know how it runs when completed.

I'm running :
duel Slot one p3 server mainboard with intel chipset
2x p3 500mhz psu's - im looking for the old coppermine 1.0ghz cpu's
my ram sucks , 4x 128 pc 133
ide 100 hdd but my board has scsi , still looking for the hdd
vsa100 voodoo 5500

it runs well is there any sugesstions?

shuko :)
none

benna

I think you don't need to mod your v5 to run in this pc
my PC:
AMD Athlon64 3200+ - ASUS K8V-Deluxe - 1GB DDR400 - 3DFX Voodoo 5 5500 PCI

3DAnalyze user guide http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/articles/template.php?id=5

eclypse

Any updates to this mod?? Whats the outcome?

Hiero

There are AGP Riser cards. They can be easily undertaken this mod I think. So V5 will work in AGP4x Mobo with it. I will try this. Were can i see the exact steps ?
Thanks
< We`ll change the face of 3D graphics... again > 3dfx

m14radu

You are in the right topic.
Read it from the start, and you will see all the needed stepts.
Please put your result here.

Follow your dreams !

technik733

I've got an MSI KT3 Ultra2-R motherboard, and I'm thinking about doing something like this. I have a PSU that supports SATA and I'm thinking about trying to hook up an adapter to the back of my motherboard on the AGP slot to go directly to the 3.3v on the SATA plug.

Do I even have to do this with this motherboard, and would it work if I did? What about the signaling voltage? I ask because my setup is very unstable when I have the voodoo in it, and the bios says it's only at 1.85v even though it's supposed to be a universal AGP 2.0 slot (I think).
MSI KT3 Ultra2-R|35w XP-M 2400+ @ 24x107=2.57Ghz|3GiB G.Skill Memory|2x Raid-0 7200rpm 114GiB|Voodoo 5500 AGP =D

m14radu

Well, the MSI KT3 Ultra2-R features the VIA KT333 chipset, witch is able to handle 3.3V ( AGP1X/2X ) - fully vompatible with voodoo !
You don't need to supply the card via SATA connector.
Just plug and play.

Here you can find the card specifications: http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=497&maincat_no=1
Follow your dreams !

technik733

Yeah, that's what I thought, but in the bios it still says 1.5v unless I raise it to 1.85v. I don't know why, and it is unstable. =/ I've read on various sites that this board isn't supposed to be compatible with the voodoo 5 series without modification...
MSI KT3 Ultra2-R|35w XP-M 2400+ @ 24x107=2.57Ghz|3GiB G.Skill Memory|2x Raid-0 7200rpm 114GiB|Voodoo 5500 AGP =D

m14radu

Afaik there were more KT333 releases ( i think KT333A ), and not all are AGP1x/2x compatible.
Sometimes the BIOS version is the problem. If it's too new/old , it could create problems. Check this issue also and picjk the right version for your need.
This AGP Voltage value 1.5V i have also at my SKT939 AGP board on witch i made the Projekt V5 AGP4x.
But in this board the voodoo is working stable only in single mode.  
In dual mode sistem hangs, and only in 3D applications.
How is the voodoo behave on your board ? You say in your previous post that is unstable ( in single mode ? dual mode ? BSOD ? ). More details pls...

Follow your dreams !

technik733

I currently have the latest BIOS version from MSI. I've looked into this, but I can't seem to find any information on this specific problem.

I think I should note that I'm also using a 35w XP-M 2400+ and am having issues with setting the voltage higher, so it barely boots into windows with the L5 mod I made. It defaults to 100mhz x24 and I have to knock it down to 23x from within windows before I run and applications or it will reboot. After that I can get it to run SuperPi through all 32 million digits with no problem. I'm trying to find a bios version that'll let me change the voltage on an XP-M...

I've not tried using it in single mode, but it occasionally has 2d artifacts on the desktop, crashes when opening Half-Life, gets the BSOD shortly after opening Garry's Mod, randomly reboots, etc... When I plug my x1600 in everything works fine though.

m14radu

Check if the card is stable in single mode.
Did u test the voodoo card in other sistems ?
Maybe the card itself has a problem.
Let us know :)

Try also a clean 3dfx driver install. ( remove the Ati driver complete )
Follow your dreams !

technik733

I've tried a clean driver install (removed everything with Driver Cleaner), and tried it in a different system. If works fine in my dad's old PIII with an AGP Pro slot, and fresh drivers don't help either.  I'm going to try it in single mode later today; I have to swap it with the Rage 128 I have in here now.