Recommended System Specs....

Started by InSomNiaN, 12 February 2004, 04:53:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Obi-Wan Kenobi

QuoteOriginally posted by Rolo01

You are right, that box is from the AGP version, the PCI box is violett...

You're right Rolo01 this is the Voodoo5 5500 PCI box you meant:

Old 5500 PCI Box:

New 5500 PCI Box:

5500 PCI Card:

and this is the Voodoo5 5500 AGP one:

Old 5500 AGP Box:

New 5500 AGP Box:

5500 AGP Card:

and of course the MAC 5500 PCI with DVI [:p]:

Old MAC 5500 PCI With DVI Box:

New MAC 5500 PCI With DVI Box:

MAC 5500 PCI With DVI Card

That should clear things up a little ;)
Powered By The Force, x-3dfx & The Jedi Academy

ArchAngelCD

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. If you don't want to spend the extra money on the Dual channel board it's no big deal. Dual Channel DDR is not important with an AMD CPU like it is with Intel.

If you are looking to save money you can even go with a Asus board that has the VIA KT600 chipset. The Asus A7V600 board is just a little slower than the nForce 2 boards but IMO, more stable. Some of the goodies on this board are a 3Com Gigabit NIC, Serial ATA and SoundMAX 6 channel audio. Some people are reporting compatibility problems with nVidia's SoundStorm audio. I just bought a A7V600, a Barton 2500+ and a 512Mb stick of Kingston DDR RAM for my son a few days ago. I decided to go with the VIA KT600 chipset after I made my original post to you after I did some further research. I decided it was more stable and cost less ($80 US).
http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socketa/a7v600/overview.htm

I am a big Intel fan but I needed to replace my son's PIII 933 and didn't have the money to buy Intel. This is only the second time I have bought AMD but my son is very happy with this system. I have SoundMAX audio on my P4 system and I think it's great.
http://www.soundmax.com/

I hope I made this post before you decided what to buy. It's always good to have more choices although the first board I suggested is very good too.

Asus P4P800 i865PE | Intel 3.2 GHz P4C | 2048 Mb Kingston PC3200 Dual Channel DDR SRAM | 160 Gb Western Digital SATA HD | NEC ND-3520 16X DVD-RW | WinXP Pro SP2 | ATI Radeon X850 Pro | 6-channel AD1985 audio CODEC | 3Com 3C940 Gigabit LAN | Diamond Monster 3D II 24Mb SLI

Obi-Wan Kenobi

QuoteOriginally posted by ArchAngelCD

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. If you don't want to spend the extra money on the Dual channel board it's no big deal. Dual Channel DDR is not important with an AMD CPU like it is with Intel.

If you are looking to save money you can even go with a Asus board that has the VIA KT600 chipset. The Asus A7V600 board is just a little slower than the nForce 2 boards but IMO, more stable. Some of the goodies on this board are a 3Com Gigabit NIC, Serial ATA and SoundMAX 6 channel audio. Some people are reporting compatibility problems with nVidia's SoundStorm audio. I just bought a A7V600, a Barton 2500+ and a 512Mb stick of Kingston DDR RAM for my son a few days ago. I decided to go with the VIA KT600 chipset after I made my original post to you after I did some further research. I decided it was more stable and cost less ($80 US).
http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socketa/a7v600/overview.htm

I am a big Intel fan but I needed to replace my son's PIII 933 and didn't have the money to buy Intel. This is only the second time I have bought AMD but my son is very happy with this system. I have SoundMAX audio on my P4 system and I think it's great.
http://www.soundmax.com/

I hope I made this post before you decided what to buy. It's always good to have more choices although the first board I suggested is very good too.
I have three different AMD systems , one with the AMD AM760MPX chipset, that from my dual AthlonMP 2200+ system, it really kicks the Xeon's 2400's butties!  In apps I use like Maya 4.2 and lots of other stuff like Doom3 and RTCW.

DUAL DDR runs way better on Dual Opterons than Athlons, because, Athlons are not made to use Dual DDR, there is actully little difference between a VIA KT600 or nForce2 ULTRA 400 system only when playing games like Unreal 2 and UT 2004 the nForce2 Ultra 400 really starts winning.

The other system chipset I use is the VIA KT 333, also a very nice one especially for the Voodoo5 5500 AGP cards.
Powered By The Force, x-3dfx & The Jedi Academy

lecram25

*sigh*

Did you have to post all those pics?
| AMD Athlon XP (Barton) 2800+ @ 3200+ (11x200) | Cooler Master Jet 7 | ABIT NF7-S Rev 2.0 (nForce 2) | Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2 | Sapphire ATi Radeon 9500np>9700np | Sound Blaster Live! X-Gamer 5.1 | 3dfx VoodooTV 200 PCI | Western Digital 40GB & 120GB HDD | Pioneer 106s DVD | LG 52x24x52 CDRW | Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Theater 5.1 DTT3500 Digital Speakers |

ArchAngelCD

lecram25 is right.... next time, why don't you just post the links to the pics?

Asus P4P800 i865PE | Intel 3.2 GHz P4C | 2048 Mb Kingston PC3200 Dual Channel DDR SRAM | 160 Gb Western Digital SATA HD | NEC ND-3520 16X DVD-RW | WinXP Pro SP2 | ATI Radeon X850 Pro | 6-channel AD1985 audio CODEC | 3Com 3C940 Gigabit LAN | Diamond Monster 3D II 24Mb SLI

Obi-Wan Kenobi

QuoteOriginally posted by ArchAngelCD

lecram25 is right.... next time, why don't you just post the links to the pics?
yeah maybe so oh well I didn't know that you guys don't have Cable Internet, I thought that Cable was the most standard speed in 21st Centry, welcome to the future.

Sorry about my tekst there but that is the way it is in Europe, sorry dudes, but next time I will hunt smaller pics.