Medal of honor:Spearhand: Always crash!!!!!!!!!

Started by Teff, 29 August 2005, 08:29:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Teff

QuoteOriginally posted by ps47

naah,the 8mb shouldnt really matter (hitman3 shouldnt run on anything lower than 32mb hw tl card and yet it runs on a single voodoo2 without much trouble).but make sure you are not trying to run the game in 32-bit color or something like that.basically,try setting all graphics options as low as you can,including the resolution..

The MesaFx does not work.....
No matter how I low the settings!!!!!!![:(]
However, the official 3dfx drivers(OpenGLICD 1.0.0.0761) work!!!!!! :D
Always powered by:
CPU:Pentium III 500Mhz
RAM:256 RAM
Video card:
Voodoo 3 2000(8MB)
Driver:
AmigaMerlin V2.9  (9x/ME)
DirectX 9.0c
MesaFX-6.3(the lastest version)

MUDASS

As I see it, you're able to start the game and to play in the config and it fails when you load a saved game[8]! I'll try a new single player game[?] !
kickstart - voodoo.5.5500.agp.64mb/voodoo.3.2000.pci.16mb.mobo.asus.p2b-f.p3-450 mhz.512.mb.133mhz.sb.pci128.isa.56k.us.robotic.isa.3com.ethernet.card.lg.cd-rw.52x32x52x.hd1.30.gig.maxtor.hd2.5.gig.seagate.

bloodworm

if the original Opengl icd works, then ONE or MORE of the mesafx releases is bound to work....  just the latest mesaFX doesn't seem to work for you.
Bloody Mess

Teff

QuoteOriginally posted by bloodworm

if the original Opengl icd works, then ONE or MORE of the mesafx releases is bound to work....  just the latest mesaFX doesn't seem to work for you.

Oh...I forgot to say,
The OpenGLICD is from the KoolSmoky~~~~~;)
Always powered by:
Video card:
Voodoo 3 2000(8MB)
Driver:
DirectX 9.0c

ps47

hmm,opengl ICD from koolsmoky,never heard of it,can you give me a link?

MUDASS

kickstart - voodoo.5.5500.agp.64mb/voodoo.3.2000.pci.16mb.mobo.asus.p2b-f.p3-450 mhz.512.mb.133mhz.sb.pci128.isa.56k.us.robotic.isa.3com.ethernet.card.lg.cd-rw.52x32x52x.hd1.30.gig.maxtor.hd2.5.gig.seagate.

Teff

QuoteOriginally posted by ps47

hmm,opengl ICD from koolsmoky,never heard of it,can you give me a link?

Is it this????;)
http://www.3dfxzone.it/koolsmoky/glide.html
http://www.3dfxzone.it/koolsmoky/files/3dfxoglicd.zip
Always powered by:
Video card:
Voodoo 3 2000(8MB)
Driver:
DirectX 9.0c

Teff

Anyway, the OpenGLICD driver is much smooth than the MesaFX driver in the Medal of honor:Spearhead........;)
More FPS too.........[:I]
Always powered by:
Video card:
Voodoo 3 2000(8MB)
Driver:
DirectX 9.0c

ps47

yes,now I remembered.its actually an alpha version of mesafx..sort of.

agrelaphon

Hi guys:D
I remenber when I run spearhead with my V3, it run with 761icd, wickedgl 3.02 and mesafx (it was 5.x). But I did patch the game!
So, Teff, apply the latest patch and see how it runs. (But your saved games may not be compatible)[:p]
By the way, wickedgl was by far the fastest, but it had gun flashing problems[xx(]

Teff

QuoteOriginally posted by agrelaphon

Hi guys:D
I remenber when I run spearhead with my V3, it run with 761icd, wickedgl 3.02 and mesafx (it was 5.x). But I did patch the game!
So, Teff, apply the latest patch and see how it runs. (But your saved games may not be compatible)[:p]
By the way, wickedgl was by far the fastest, but it had gun flashing problems[xx(]

That is a good idea~~~~~[8)]
But, I don't know why, the game cannot be patched.......[xx(]
Anyway, What is you patch version?????????[?]
Always powered by:
Video card:
Voodoo 3 2000(8MB)
Driver:
DirectX 9.0c

agrelaphon

I don't have the game installed anymore:D, but I think it patches itself  when you install the spearhead expansion (to 1.11 or sth).
Maybe an uninstall and fresh reinstall the game would help. (You can keep your saved games)[:p]

Teff

QuoteOriginally posted by agrelaphon

I don't have the game installed anymore:D, but I think it patches itself  when you install the spearhead expansion (to 1.11 or sth).
Maybe an uninstall and fresh reinstall the game would help. (You can keep your saved games)[:p]

My game version is 2.0~~~~~:D
Always powered by:
Video card:
Voodoo 3 2000(8MB)
Driver:
DirectX 9.0c