Q3D Obsidian2 SLI2 X-24 problem, W2K

Started by Avenger, 07 January 2004, 18:25:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Avenger

The card allows Glide games to run in hardware. No wrappers, no less well supported (on the early games) alternative video mode. The age does not matter, the games I run on it are equally old. And the modern games are being handled by the Radeon. As long as I have a PCI slot in my PC and as long as I have drivers for my Obsidian, it's going to stay.

Your card should actually work well under XP, with the drivers found in this thread.

cl1986

ok, i must be stupid.

I do a search on all forums i go to, and i can never find what im looking for. Please help me out here, im about 90% sure i have a x24. It looks like a sli card with a daughter board piggy back on it on what is like a riser. All it says is obisidian2 sli2 by quantum. Need driver for winxp and maybe instructions, as i have found some drivers that xp wont recongnize and just says driver info not found.

Ive done searches for obsidian2 sli2 and found this topic only, and also x24 driver and found absolutely nothing, well something about a voodoo3 3500, but nothing for me.

Ok i found the fast voodoo2, is this going to do it for me? 4.0 or 4.6??

Avenger

Well, the link to the drivers is on page 3 in this thread, but I'll repeat it anyway: https://www.3dfxzone.it/news/reader.php?objid=579

Devildriver

I installed Fast VooDoo GE drivers and fix for memory error, but if i start any game my computer is restarting :(
can some1 help me how to fix this problem?
Barton 2500+
Nforce2Ultra400 EPOX  8rda3i
Asus 9550GE/TD 128mb/128bit
if this bug is not fixed pls give me default voodoo2 win2k drivers or any working.in win98 my voodoo2 SLi work with default drivers, but with fast voodoo give memory error

cl1986

Tried said voodoo2 driver and my computer will lock up or give driver error. X24 board gets hotter than hell, didnt they have heatsinks back then???

I dont think its worth trying to get it to work, most games i have have directx or glide versions.

ps47

QuoteOriginally posted by enthomologist

@PS47: Are you using the "special" glide2x.dll from the "patch" directory for Radeon owners or stick with the regular version installed by default (2.56)?

..I'm using the glide2x from the latest koolsmoky's driver (ver. sourceforge 2.56.0.40404).I must use it because I have desktop corruption with the original glide2x..I'm not using the driver itself though,as I dont have any problems with memmap errors,so I use fastvoodoo2 4.0xp with koolsmoky's glide2x (dont fix something that isnt broken;))

@cl1986:
check here if you want some information about voodoo2,drivers,SLI etc..

Devildriver

ps47 where can i find 2.56.0.40404 ? i cant find in sourceforge :(

ps47

..its included in the latest koolsmoky's voodoo2 driver,you can get it from here

..btw,I have just found out a weird thing.the original glide3x ver.670 actually creates desktop corruptions just like the original glide2x (using a radeon card of course).the strange thing is,the original glide3x ver.667 works perfectly fine.I think I'll check on older original glide2x releases to see if I find something similar..

Devildriver

when i use koolsmoky's voodoo2 driver, if i try to play games it gives me map memory error [i have r9550ge]
with fv2_fix_2k.exe games work fine, but in resolutions larger than 640X480 the lights [and any other effects] have a pink hue.can some1 help me how to remove this res problems?
i can play only with original driver [nt40v2.exe] but i cant install now [dont ask me why]
i tryed latest glide drivers from koolsmoky's web page, but games say this mode is not supported by ur  video card [like half-life].
i read this in koolsmoky's web page:
currently supports 3dfx Voodoo Banshee, Velocity, Voodoo3, Voodoo4, Voodoo5.
my voodoo2 is not supported?

enthomologist

QuoteOriginally posted by Devildriver

with fv2_fix_2k.exe games work fine, but in resolutions larger than 640X480 the lights [and any other effects] have a pink hue.can some1 help me how to remove this res problems?
Try this:
regedit.exe
[hkey_local_machine]
Software\3Dfx Interactive\Voodoo2\Glide
(string) SSTV2_VIDEO_24BPP
value=0
"The board authorized you? Hm. The board doesn't know the first thing about science. All they want is something to make them more money, a product. Don't worry...they'll get their product..." - dr Malcolm Betruger

Devildriver

tnx, it works now :P
only one more question:
Scanline Interleave:Detected!!       

FBI Revision:4      
Frame Buffer Memory:4 MB      
Texture Mapping Unit(s):2      
TMU Revision:4      
Total Texture Memory:8 MB      

My VooDoo2 is 8MB or 12MB? [8+4]

ps47

..ok radeon guys,got a present for ya-you have desktop corruption after exiting a glide2x app? well get the original 3dfx glide2x ver. 2.56.00.0456 (its in the beta directx7 win9x voodoo2 driver,get it here),put it in your system32 folder,boom everything works.I almost cant believe the solution was so simple..

enthomologist

@DevilDriver: you suspect allright, it's 12MB (8MB is for 2x2TMU and 4MB is for FBI):)
"The board authorized you? Hm. The board doesn't know the first thing about science. All they want is something to make them more money, a product. Don't worry...they'll get their product..." - dr Malcolm Betruger

Devildriver

ps47 if i install FastVooDoo2 4.0 and after restart install original WinNT Drivers all games work fine, tnx for the help :)
enthomologist tnx for the info ;)
and one more question:
I cant view FPS in games with normal programs like Fraps.What programs i need [i seeen one somewhere but i cant remember the name]

max1024

So question for all and especially for ps47. I'm looking for drivers for Obsidian2 X-24 on Win2K & XP. On the official Quantum3D page there are only drivers for W9X & Nt. I se the signature of ps47 where is written "Obsidian2 X-24,running xp pro" what set of drivers do you use ? I found non official drivers there http://www.geocities.com/shs_3dfx/download/Obsidian2_Win2k-XP.zip may be you use another ?
L-B-H eXtreme Team | http://l-b-h.org