Help me please. Call of Duty driver problem.

Started by qwekelly, 27 April 2004, 05:52:45

Previous topic - Next topic

qwekelly

Okay, here's the deal. I'm trying to play Call of Duty, but I keep getting the following error message:

RE_Shutdown( 1 )
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
...wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL ): success
...deleting GL context: success
...releasing DC: success
...destroying window
...resetting display
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
-----------------------
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
Your video card appears to be missing one or more features required to run Call of Duty.

You should install the latest drivers for your video card, being sure to uninstall the old drivers first.  If you already have the latest drivers, you should completely uninstall the drivers and then reinstall them.  This fixes most problems.  If the game still doesn't work, it may be that your video card does not have the minimum features required.  Please check the readme for more information, including a list of supported video cards.

Okay, simple enough, right? Apparently not, considering I don't know how to find, let alone delete the current drivers, and second, I don't know where to find the new ones.

My video card appears to be a Realtek AC'97 (or something like that?) at least that's what it said on driver headquaters after doing a free scan. Oh, and if it matters my PC is a Cicero, Pentium 4, OS XP.

So, um, did I make any sense at all and can anyone help me? Would be most appreciated.

amp_man

Realtek AC'97 is your sound card. Right click on your desktop, then click properties, and then click the Settings tab, it should tell you your video card, most likely either Intel Extreme Graphics, Nvidia GeForce4MX, or something from SiS or S3.
When the sun goes down, the music turns up...

Windows XP Pro|Athlon XP 1800+|Voodoo 5 5500 AGP|MSI K7T266-A|768MB DDR 2700 RAM|SonicEdge 5.1 Sound Card