3dfx Rampage

Started by PanoramixDruida, 14 July 2004, 19:42:03

Previous topic - Next topic

secretfj

Why most of american people thought that Czech republic is in Eastern Europe? You don't have geography at school? Czech republic is in Central Europe. But I undestand that Europe is smaller than America,but is good to know where is lies than you locate it to somewhere. ;)

Some people from Europe are allergic on it. ;)

P.S. BTW the Rampage was borrowed from Hank. He is in someway connected with our small country.

I am so sorry but in fact this is the first time i hear the term "Central Europe" as in Hong Kong, everybody only knows Western and Eastern Europe....(because in cold war, Communist (E. Europe) vs Captialist(W. Europe), this is what the books teach us..)
Thanks for giving me a precious lesson, i will remember it forever that Czech is in Central Europe

P.S. Does anybody have the behcnmark of Rampage? wonna see how good it performs...
No way a 3DFX collector...just a 3DFX die Hard Player~~

let the VooDoo Roars!!

P4 Extreme Edition 3.4GHz
Asus P5AD2 Deluxe i925x
2GB DDR2 667 DDRRAM
Voodoo 5 5500PCI

vykupitel

QuoteOriginally posted by secretfj
I am so sorry but in fact this is the first time i hear the term "Central Europe" as in Hong Kong, everybody only knows Western and Eastern Europe....(because in cold war, Communist (E. Europe) vs Captialist(W. Europe), this is what the books teach us..)
Thanks for giving me a precious lesson, i will remember it forever that Czech is in Central Europe

P.S. Does anybody have the behcnmark of Rampage? wonna see how good it performs...

OK, stop worring about central Europe :)

We cannot test Rampage because that model is not functional. Yes, it will POST and have some 2D (we didn't have VGA dongle for it also), but it have something wrong with 3D. Hank will know better than me what is wrong with this Rampage.And also is not really possible benchmark anything on it because Aplha drivers are not fully functional and anybody of us is not such a developer who will be able to finish them. This could be only something like "hobby" for Koolsmoky or Daniel if they will hold one of this and try it run.Maybe the italian owner of Rampage should tell us more about it.

We did only marvel at this "holy gral". And we are all very thankful to Hank for his favour because WE SAW IT AND HAD IT IN OUR HANDS ;)
AthlonXP 1.86GHz@2.2GHz (barton), 1024MB PC400 RAM,MSI KT6-Delta LSR,
Voodoo5 6000 rev. 3700 A1 + Voodoo4 4200 AGP(Daytona) and many more...

secretfj

hi vykupitel,
thanks for the information..
i am curious because what will it be like when compared with the high end cards at that time (everybody knows a V5 can almost outperform a GF2GTS with DDRRAM installed)..does it equipped with many good and high end techonologies like hardware T&L or pixel shader/vertex shadrer?
No way a 3DFX collector...just a 3DFX die Hard Player~~

let the VooDoo Roars!!

P4 Extreme Edition 3.4GHz
Asus P5AD2 Deluxe i925x
2GB DDR2 667 DDRRAM
Voodoo 5 5500PCI

vykupitel

The Rampage rasterizer have only PS1.0 (there are some information about PS1.1 but not confirmed). Vertex shaders and T/L was implemented in SAGE chip which was unfortunately destroyed by nV when it arrived in package from TSMC with latest VSA-101 for final distribution. [:(!]
Maybe nV CEO use SAGE as keyring. [8D]
AthlonXP 1.86GHz@2.2GHz (barton), 1024MB PC400 RAM,MSI KT6-Delta LSR,
Voodoo5 6000 rev. 3700 A1 + Voodoo4 4200 AGP(Daytona) and many more...