V3->Banshee!, if somebody wants to help...

Started by Raziel64, 17 July 2003, 03:15:53

Previous topic - Next topic

mojomotion

Banshee Team

mojomotion

Mhhh i tried compile as you say but see what's the result:

Why it tell me that??

p.s May be the error that i took RCDLL.DLL and MSPDB60.DLL from XPDDk?? An also C1XX.DLL and CL.EXE?? Am i obbligate to take them from MS Visual Studio 6 installation kit?

Banshee Team
Banshee Team

dborca

May be the error that i took RCDLL.DLL and MSPDB60.DLL from XPDDk?? An also C1XX.DLL and CL.EXE?? Am i obbligate to take them from MS Visual Studio 6 installation kit?

May be... but I don't think so! Read my notes again. :D

Regards,
Borca Daniel
Regards,
Daniel Borca

mojomotion

Mhhm i didn't reboot,maybe...[:0]

Banshee Team
Banshee Team

mojomotion

Nope! Ok i re-done all the procedure but...nothing[:(]
What's error?? c32 root is set, also c16 and ddk root!

Banshee Team
Banshee Team

dborca

QuoteOriginally posted by mojomotion

Nope! Ok i re-done all the procedure but...nothing[:(]
What's error?? c32 root is set, also c16 and ddk root!
The error is you haven't read the docs.[}:)]

Regards,
Borca Daniel
Regards,
Daniel Borca

koolsmoky

QuoteOriginally posted by dborca

The error is you haven't read the docs.[}:)]
[:p]

PHOENIX

PHOENIX

Hello !

Finally I found win2kddk.exe ! It's the Windows 2000 SP1 DDK (for WinME and Win2k)
ftp://ftp.psu.ru/pub/windows/develop/
http://www.vckbase.com/tools/drv/

Well, I got the same error. I've got Visual C++ 6.0 Standard Edition, but the DDK only supports Professional or Enterprise Edition. Too bad.

I hope that Daniel Borca or Koolsmoky are still working on Voodoo Banshee drivers, even if the topic at FalconFly.de was closed.

Best regards

mojomotion

Hi to all(raziel, phoenix and daniel;))
In this days i'm very Busy[xx(] and my connection seems to be died so now i'm using a secondary pc with a secondary connection[V]

p.s i was near to compile the driver when winme free build env. found a problem in devtable.h ... seems that source code is buggy[:0]

pp.s Phoenix i wanna talk with u as soon as possible in msn messenger, if u still got an address give me in an email!
Thx ! HI;)

Banshee Team
Banshee Team

mojomotion

Banshee Team

PHOENIX

No no ! I work on the source code and on the HEX editing of V3 drivers. Don't worry !

Contact me anytime at phoenix15@free.fr or vbv3@hotmail.com

Best regards

mojomotion

A little news:
that driver(http://www.iespana.es/bansheexp/v3vb_1.04.00.uha) don't work on my creative banshee pci[B)] ! Seems incompatibilities of somethings in hex...

Banshee Team
Banshee Team

milen

Raziel, can you please send me your MesaGL+Glide compiled driver
My email is: milen@sos.bg

PHOENIX

Hello to all

I could compile the driver 4.12.01.0675
Special thanks to Daniel Borca : without him, nothing would have been possible.

@MojoMotion
Don't forget to delete RETAIL and DEBUG subdirectories in C:\3DFX\H5\WIN9X\DX

Well, there is a problem with the D3D portion of the driver : black screen, but no crash. Sometimes, rendered stuff can be seen.
In fact I compiled V3 driver with HP=H4, TU=1 and sm=0 (Special Multi-Texture modes)
I changed DeviceID to 3 from DEVICE_ID_H4 strings, because there no DEVICE_ID_H3 strings.

Please Daniel Borca (or Koolsmoky, Colourless and other programmers) : could you help to fix the source for Banshee. Thanks in advance.

Best regards