OMG! Please HELP with 2 Sli Voodoo on winXP

Started by ManOwaR 3dFX, 12 April 2005, 19:26:12

Previous topic - Next topic

ps47

two voodoo2 cards can work fine in SLI under xp,but they must both have the reference design.if they do not have it,you will have to use a driver for mismatched cards.koolsmoky's driver has support for mismatched cards,check the readme..

ManOwaR 3dFX

With regard to the message about my SLI, it is working fine under XP without the need for mismatch drivers, as can reach 1024 x 720 in both quake 2 and quake 3 (quake 3 is unbelievably good using wicked 3dfx!!) V good fps and no lag! Get in!

However back to the topic of getting Counterstrike condition zero to work, i was advised that both either V2_mesafx_xp or Wicked 3dfx would definately work however this is not the case.  With Wicked 3dfx it has a limited option of games it can sort for you (this is how i fixed q3 with no probs whatsoever) however Counterstrike is there but condition zero is not and as i cannot modify what it searches for i says ut cannot detect what it is trying to find.  Also V2_mesa_fx just requires me to point it to the Condition zero folder and then it places the opengl32.dll driver file into the directory.  I thort all was good, ran the game and tried to select opengl at both 800x600 and 1024 x 720 however when it tries to reload in this mode i can see my windows toolbar over the top of the game image and eventually get an error report saying:

AppName: czero.exe    AppVer: 1.0.0.0    ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0    Offset: 61ff5430

Basically it crashes, ive tried all combinations of ways to do this, even tried to load the game then extract the file and change whilst the game is running then try to change the mode (all to no avail) and also it will then crash every time unless the driver file is removed from the cscz folder.

Anyone got any ideas/suggestions as to how i can get condition zero to recognize my voodo2 sli and get it to work ..coz i know it has the POWER!!! especially from what ive seen with q3!!

ps47

first,get rid of V2_mesafx_xp.this is an extremely old and buggy version,dont know who did recommend it and where did you download it,just delete it and never use it again.if you need mesafx advanced features,always go for the latest version from dborca's site.

condition zero should work fine with wickedgl.open the wickedgl folder (usually c:\program files\metabyte\wickedgl),and copy the opengl32.dll file to your condition zero folder (where the main game executable is located),and the game should run fine.WARNING! do NOT do this if you want to play online (STEAM),it will get you BANNED (stupid VAC).if you want to play online,check the CS 1.6 fix here.