3dfx card ID

Started by hellhammered, 20 November 2008, 03:42:56

Previous topic - Next topic

hellhammered

Hi all,
I'm new here and I wonder if I can test your visual skills.
Here's a card I want to buy but I'd like to find out exactly what card it is....it says (3dfx 16mb Agp Video Card 210 0369 00x)
I'm not sure of the model.

Download Attachment: 5c3c_1a.jpg
157.2 KB

osckhar

Hello,
Its a V3 3500 AGP from Compaq with TV-OUT. It works to @183MHz with memory 5'5ns.

Oscar.

hellhammered

Thank you osckhar, I will look it up here on the site for stats.

hellhammered

I want to build a throwback system to play Quake and Quake 2 only,
I have the mission packs for both games and would like my son to be able to see them in real gameplay like it was meant to be.
What would you recommend a P2 or a P3? I'm not sure what the card is capable of...Thanks

osckhar

QuoteOriginally posted by hellhammered

I want to build a throwback system to play Quake and Quake 2 only,
I have the mission packs for both games and would like my son to be able to see them in real gameplay like it was meant to be.
What would you recommend a P2 or a P3? I'm not sure what the card is capable of...Thanks

To play Quake and Quake II with a Pentium1 is enough. So, I would use the P2.

Regards,
Oscar.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

QuoteOriginally posted by hellhammered

Hi all,
I'm new here and I wonder if I can test your visual skills.
Here's a card I want to buy but I'd like to find out exactly what card it is....it says (3dfx 16mb Agp Video Card 210 0369 00x)
I'm not sure of the model.

Download Attachment: 5c3c_1a.jpg
157.2 KB

Hmm be careful that card is missing it's heatsink which it should have as it needs it to opperate otherwise it\ll burnup within seconds!

Be sure to ask a boot pic as a screen shot of the card showing it's 3dfx tools information tab which looks like this:
an example of my 5000 AGP

Since the seller may be selling a defect card because it is missing it's cooler normally the card looks like this: