- Added ability to export the registry key to a file without subkeys.
- Added ability to import binary registry files.
- Now Reg Organizer allows you to export registry keys or the entire registry
to reg files both in the modern format with Unicode encoding and in the
old Windows 98/NT4 format with ANSI encoding.
- During the registry files import and export, operation progress is now
- While saving the registry search results to a file, the program also adds
information about the search string and the number of matches to it.
- Column widths in all main tables showing data are
automatically adjusted when changing the table size.
- The Automatic Registry Cleanup feature does not show entries which cannot
be removed and repaired (due to the insufficient privileges of the user in
- Better performance on system data changing operations. These include
modifying and deleting the registry data, deleting files, using Application
Uninstall mode, and some other operations.
- Disk Cleanup mode:
- Searching for invalid files is now faster.
- The Disk Cleanup mode Ignore List now supports the Clean Folders
feature. Now the program looks up the Ignore List while preparing
for deleting objects and does not delete ones that match the
- The Disk Cleanup mode context menu now has a command for saving
found objects to a text file.
- Interface improvements:
- The Disk Cleanup results view has been optimized. The number of columns
in the results table has been reduced for easier reading.
- The Registry Editing mode context menu has been optimized: Commands
that are not available at the moment are no longer displayed. Also when right-
clicking on the key, the menu contains only the commands related to the key,
not the value, and vice versa.
- Changes in the program main menu: The "Selection" submenu (available
when using the Manual Registry Cleanup mode) allows you to quickly
mark several entries at once. Rarely used commands have been removed
from the "Commands" submenu. The "Search" submenu has been removed
from the main menu as it was rarely used.
- Fixed bugs:
- When a file mask was disabled in the Settings of the Disk Cleanup
mode, the program still searched for unnecessary files using this
- Some computers running under Windows Vista could freeze during a
search through the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT registry key.
- The "Access violation..." error message after a right click on any
item on the "Shell Folders" tab in the Manual Registry Cleanup mode.
- An attempt to delete the default key values in the Registry Editing
mode did not result in actual deletion.
- After renaming any log file in the Application Uninstall mode, the
program could fail to show some of the registry keys associated with
this log file when viewing it.
- After renaming a value or key in the Registry Editing mode, the old
(before renaming) name of the value or the key could be displayed
in the main menu and in the context menu of the mode.
- The size of very large files could be displayed incorrectly (as a
negative number) in the "Size, bytes" column of the list with the
results of the Disk Cleanup mode.
- When trying to remove unnecessary files using the Disk Cleanup
mode under Windows Vista, some of them could remain unremoved.
- After removing a program from the "Software" tab of the Manual
Registry Cleanup Mode, the useless empty key related to the deleted
application could remain unremoved.
- Incorrect items sorted by size in the Disk Cleanup results table
could occur, if one contains files of a very large size.
- When copying and renaming the registry keys containing values of
REG_MILTI_SZ and some other types that rarely occurred in the
registry, the type of these values might be erroneously changed to
- Removing some items from the New File Menu tab in the Manual
Registry Cleanup mode could result not only in this item being
removed from the menu, but also in unregistering the file
association of the corresponding file type in the system.
- Sometimes it was impossible to remove unnecessary files found with
the Disk Cleanup feature.
- During the recovery of log files in the software removal mode, the
registry parameters of the REG_MULTI_SZ and REG_EXPAND_SZ types
containing characters from national alphabets could be processed