Con il comunicato stampa allegato di seguito Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, o in breve SCEE, ha annunciato la data di lancio della nuova console Playstation 3 nei mercati europeo, africano, medio-orientale ed australiano: ebbene, il giorno tanto atteso coincide con il 23 Marzo 2007. In questa data sarà possibile acquistare la PS3 ad un prezzo che il produttore ha fissato ai 599 euro.
In un primo momento sarà disponibile la sola versione con hard drive da 60Gb: nei mesi seguenti, ed in base alla effettiva domanda proveniente dagli utenti finali, potrebbe essere distribuita la più economica implementazione con disco da 20Gb.
L'arrivo della PS3 in Europa sarà inoltre accompagnato ed arricchito dal lancio di 30 nuovi titoli, provenienti da Sony stessa o da terze parti, tra i quali segnaliamo Gundam, Virtua Fighter 5, Virtua Tennis 3, NBA 2K7, NHL 2K7, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent, The Elder Scrolls lV: Oblivion e Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection (quest'ultimo by SCEE).
London, 25 January 2007 - Sony Computer Entertainment Europe today announced that PLAYSTATION 3 will be launched in the PAL territories of Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Australasia on 23rd March 2007 at a price of EURO 599 (GBP 425, AUD 999.95, NZ 1199.95).
Responding to retail and consumer demand, SCEE confirmed that initially only the 60GB model would be available, with the 20GB model to follow later in the year dependent on demand.
An expected one million PS3 units will be made available during the initial launch period.
SCEE also announced a stellar launch line-up of over 30 game titles for PS3, including eagerly awaited titles published by SCEE such as Resistance: Fall of Man, MotorStorm, Genji: Days of the Blade, FORMULA ONE CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION and Ridge Racer 7. An exceptional range of titles in every genre will also be available at launch from the world's leading third party publishers, including Electronic Arts, Activision, Namco Bandai, Sega, Take 2, Ubisoft, Vivendi Universal, and Sony Online Entertainment.
In addition to games on disc, an exciting range of fully-featured downloadable games will debut on the PLAYSTATION Network. These will include gaming icons such as Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection and Gran Turismo HD Concept; the fully-featured PS3 debut of the best-selling franchise Gran Turismo, realised with full HD (1080p) visual quality. Created by Polyphony Digital Inc and published by Sony Computer Entertainment, Gran Turismo HD Concept has been downloaded by more than 350,000 users since it was released in December 2006 in North America and Japan.
Also available on the PLAYSTATION Network will be brainteasers such as Go! Sudoku and Go! Puzzle, and innovative games such as Blast Factor and flOw, designed exclusively for PLAYSTATION 3 and delivering on the promise to provide original content created by non-traditional developers and publishers.
Concurrent with the European launch, a new System Update to further enhance the entertainment potential of PS3 will be issued.
Announcing the launch details, David Reeves, President of SCEE said, "Following the hugely successful launches of PS3 in Japan and North America, we are absolutely delighted to be able to bring significant numbers of PS3 to the SCEE territories. To be able to launch with over 30 titles across every genre shows that this is our strongest launch line-up in the history of PlayStation, and is what PlayStation fans in Europe have been crying out for."
PLAYSTATION 3 LAUNCH TITLE LINE-UP
PLAYSTATION 3 Peripherals Available at Launch Peripheral
- PS3 Launch Title - Publisher - Network or Disc based
- Resistance: Fall of Man - SCEE - Disc
- MotorStorm - SCEE - Disc
- Genji: Days of the Blade - SCEE - Disc
- FORMULA ONE CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION - SCEE - Disc
- Ridge Racer 7 - SCEE - Disc
- Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection - SCEE - Network
- Lemmings - SCEE - Network
- Go! Sudoku - SCEE - Network
- Go! Puzzle - SCEE - Network
- Blast Factor - SCEE - Network
- flOw - SCEE - Network
- Super Rub'a'Dub - SCEE - Network
- Call of Duty 3 - Activision UK Ltd - Disc
- Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - Activision UK Ltd - Disc
- Tony Hawks Project 8 - Activision UK Ltd - Disc
- Gundam - Target in Sight - Namco Bandai Games - Disc
- Full Auto 2: Battle Lines - Sega Europe Ltd - Disc
- Sonic the Hedgehog - Sega Europe Ltd - Disc
- Virtua Fighter 5 - Sega Europe Ltd - Disc
- Virtua Tennis 3 - Sega Europe Ltd - Disc
- World Snooker Championship 2007 - Sega Europe Ltd - Disc
- NBA 2K7 - Take 2 International SA - Disc
- NHL 2K7 - Take 2 International SA - Disc
- Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWll - Ubisoft Entertainment SA - Disc
- Enchanted Arms - Ubisoft Entertainment SA - Disc
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent - Ubisoft Entertainment SA - Disc
- The Elder Scrolls lV: Oblivion - Ubisoft Entertainment SA - Disc
- Def Jam: Icon - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
- EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 3 - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
- NBA Street Homecourt - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
- Need for Speed Carbon - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
- The Godfather The Don's Edition - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
- Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 07 - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
- Untold Legends Dark Kingdom - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
- F.E.A.R. - Vivendi Universal Games Intl SA - Disc
- Gripshift - Sony Online Entertainment - Network