NVIDIA ha annunciato, mediante il comunicato stampa di seguito allegato, l'adozione, da parte di alcuni System Builder tra cui Hewlett-Packard, delle proprie soluzioni Quadro FX con tecnologia High-Precision Dynamic Range (HPDR) e Vertex e Pixel programmabili per la realizzazione di computer ad elevate prestazioni in ambito grafico, mobile e desktop.
Questi i chip grafici oggetto del comunicato con le relative peculiarità:
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500: banda massima di 33.6GB/sec, frame buffer di 512MB G-DDR2, interfaccia con la memoria a 256 bit, supporto per 2 display digitali con risoluzione di 3840 x 2400
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 3500
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500: due connettori DVI dual-link, frame buffer di 256MB G-DDR3, uscita High Definition
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 560: due connettori DVI dual-link, frame buffer di 128MB G-DDR3, uscita High Definition.
Hewlett-Packard ha utilizzato il chip Quadro FX 1500M per il notebook HP Compaq nw9440 mentre le sue workstation desktop xw6400 e xw8400 sono basate sulle soluzioni NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500, NVIDIA Quadro FX 3500, NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500 e NVIDIA Quadro FX 560.
SANTA CLARA, CA—June 28, 2006—NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA), the worldwide leader in programmable graphics processor technologies, announces NVIDIA Quadro FX graphics solutions offering customers next-generation architecture, NVIDIA High-Precision Dynamic Range (HPDR) technology and refined vertex and pixel programmability for advanced graphics, are now being integrated into many of the newest mobile and desktop workstations from companies such as Hewlett-Packard.
"Industry-leading NVIDIA Quadro FX graphics are being adopted across a variety of workstation configurations, providing customers with the power, flexibility, and features they need to get the job done," said Dan Vivoli, senior vice president of the Professional Solutions Group at NVIDIA. "Companies, such as HP, with proven track records of delivering high-performance mobile and desktop workstations, continue to redefine performance for customers by offering the latest NVIDIA Quadro FX solutions for professional graphics."
NVIDIA Quadro FX graphics solutions continue to be one of the industry’s top choices for professional graphics applications.
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 – Delivers up to 33.6GB/sec. memory bandwidth, 512MB GDDR2 frame buffer memory, 256-bit memory interface and support for 2 ultra-high resolution (3840 x 2400) digital panels
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 3500 – Offers a new level of graphics performance and is fast becoming a standard high-end configuration for major OEMs and enterprise customers worldwide
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500 – The first mid-range solution to offer high-performance coupled with two dual-link DVI connectors, 256MB GDDR3 frame buffer memory and HD video output
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 560 – Introduces dual-link DVI, fast DDR3 128MB graphics memory and HD video output
"HP customers have long taken advantage of the range of NVIDIA Quadro solutions offered in our desktop workstations," said Jim Zafarana, vice president of marketing, Workstation Division, HP. "We are pleased our customers can now get the same professional graphics in the HP Compaq nw9440, the most powerful mobile solution we have ever offered, delivering workstation-caliber processing and graphics performance wherever your work takes you."
The HP Compaq nw9440 mobile workstation comes standard with NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500M graphics with 256MB of GDDR III video memory and delivers the performance, quality, and stability required for the most demanding projects. In addition, the latest desktop solutions—the HP xw6400 and HP xw8400 workstations—will offer a range of graphics to suit the diverse needs of HP customers. These include the NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500, NVIDIA Quadro FX 3500, NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500 and the NVIDIA Quadro FX 560 solutions announced in April 2006.
"HP and NVIDIA play an instrumental role in providing the hardware platforms that allow our customers to make, manage, and move their media," said Marc Stevens, vice president and general manager of Softimage Co., a subsidiary of Avid Technology, Inc. "When SOFTIMAGE®|XSI®—the leading 3D character animation software—is paired with NVIDIA Quadro graphics on HP workstations, our customers can count on stable, certified workstations that accelerate the creative process and streamline their workflow.
Source: nVIDIA Press Release
Tags: fx | hp | nvidia | quadro | workstation