Due nuove gpu arricchiscono la linea GeForce 7: si tratta della GeForce 7600 GS, SLI ready e dotata di supporto per High Definition, e della 7300 LE, fino ad oggi disponibile sono per i grandi assemblatori.
Segue la lista dei produttori di schede grafiche basate sui nuovi processori grafici: Albatron, AOpen Inc., ASUSTek, BFG Technologies Inc., Biostar, Chaintech, Cheer Ascent, City Gate / Triple-D, Club3D, ELSA, Epsco, EVGA Corporation, Gainward, Galaxy, Gigabyte Technology, Innovision, Jaton, Jetway, Leadtek Research Inc., MSI Computer Corporation, Palit Microsystems, Inc., Prolink, PNY Technology, Point of View, Sigmacom, SPARKLE, e XFX.
GAME DEVELOPERS CONFERENCE 2006—SAN JOSE, CA—MARCH 22, 2006—NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA), the worldwide leader in programmable graphics processor technologies, today expanded the Company's GeForce 7 Series product line for the mainstream market segment with two aggressively-priced graphics processing units (GPUs). Available immediately from leading retail and e-tail outlets worldwide are:
- The GeForce 7600 GS GPU—this NVIDIA SLI-Ready GPU delivers extreme high-definition (HD) gaming and home-theater quality HD video with silent operation for an incredible entertainment experience.
- The GeForce 7300 LE GPU—previously available only to system builders, the GeForce 7300 LE boasts the video and gaming features of today's most advanced GPUs and delivers stunning, HD video—up to 1080i resolution—and ultra-realistic gaming effects at mainstream price points without compromising performance.
"NVIDIA GPUs have long been praised in the enthusiast community and by gamers for excellent 3D performance and exceptional HD video playback," said Ujesh Desai, general manager of desktop GPUs at NVIDIA. "The same characteristics that make so many gamers select NVIDIA GPUs will greatly benefit mainstream customers when Microsoft Windows Vista arrives —and these new GPUs deliver the same enthusiast–class features at very affordable prices."
"Our sales data indicates that the GeForce 7 Series graphics architecture is preferred by our customers, and GeForce 7600 GS fills in the only remaining hole in the incredibly-strong GeForce 7 product line-up from NVIDIA," said Howard Tong, vice president at Newegg.com. "The price band of $129 to $149 is immensely popular among our customers, so a product based on the highly-regarded GeForce 7 Series architecture in this price range is sure to be in very high demand."
Boasting the renowned GeForce 7 Series features, these new GPUs deliver advanced technologies including:
- A high-performance 3D architecture built for Microsoft Windows Vista— the industry's first operating system to require a dedicated GPU to realize its full potentiali.
- H.264 hardware accelerated support through NVIDIA PureVideo technology—the combination of HD video processors and software delivers a HD home-theater quality video experience to the PC.
- The industry's only GPU architecture with full support for Microsoft DirectX 9.0 Shader Model 3.0—including vertex texture fetch (VTF) —enabling advanced shading programs for more realistic effects.
Some of the world's leading add-in card partners are offering graphics cards based on the new NVIDIA GeForce 7 Series GPUs, including Albatron, AOpen Inc., ASUSTek Computer Inc., BFG Technologies Inc., Biostar, Chaintech Computer Co. Ltd., Cheer Ascent, City Gate / Triple-D, Club3D, ELSA, Epsco, EVGA Corporation, Gainward Co. Ltd., Galaxy, Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., Innovision, Jaton, Jetway, Leadtek Research Inc., MSI Computer Corporation, Palit Microsystems, Inc., Prolink, PNY Technology, Point of View, Sigmacom, SPARKLE Computer Co., Ltd., and XFX.
Source: nVIDIA Press Release
Tags: geforce | geforce 7600 gs | gpu | gs | nvidia