Superior Processing Performance
The most powerful Pentium processor yet, the Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 955, is now available on
Alienware’s Area-51 7500
and Area-51 ALX systems. The Pentium Extreme Edition 955 combines cutting-edge features
like HyperThreading Technology and dual-core processing to handle multi-threaded digital media applications with ease and
elevate the performance and realism of next-generation games.
Enhanced Multitasking Capabilities
The Intel Pentium Extreme Edition’s dual-core design features two complete processing cores that allow multiple
applications to be run at the same time without sacrificing any performance. With dual-core processing, Alienware users can
do multiple things at once such as:
Innovative Intel Virtualization Technology
- Play their favorite games while instant messaging or listening to music.
- Create, edit, and encode graphics-intensive files while running a virus scan in the background.
Backed by Intel Virtualization Technology, the Pentium Extreme Edition 955 enables the ability to run multiple operating
systems and applications in independent partitions. This allows:
Improved Bandwidth and Audio
- System resources to be dedicated to a demanding game or application.
- Unique user environments to be created for multiple family members wanting to use the same system simultaneously.
- System upgrades and maintenance to be performed without interrupting the user.
The Pentium Extreme Edition 955 features advanced PCI-Express architecture that ensures bi-directional bandwidth to
graphics cards and I/O interfaces is optimized. This improves performance for everyone from hardcore gamers to digital
content creation professionals. In addition, the Pentium Extreme Edition 955 includes Intel High Definition Audio with
support for Dolby surround-sound audio technologies for a dramatically enhanced listening experience.
Source: Alienware Press Release