SanDisk ha annunciato nuove unità di memorizzazione consumer-oriented di tipo solid state drive (SSD) nell'ambito della linea di soluzioni ad alte prestazioni SanDisk Extreme II SSD. I nuovi prodotti di SanDisk sono indirizzati, al variare delle nuove SKU, non soltanto ai desktop ma anche ai tablet e ai notebook.
In accordo al produttore, i nuovi SSD includono chip di NAND Flash fabbricati con un processo a 19nm ed implementano un'architettura proprietaria realizzata da SanDisk in virtù del notevole know-how che l'azienda può vantare nell'ambito delle memorie NAND Flash.
Rispetto alle soluzioni appartenenti alla linea SanDisk Extreme, i nuovi SSD SanDisk Extreme II offrono prestazioni superiori, e più in dettaglio supportano un data rate pari a 550MB/s in lettura sequenziale e a 510MB/s in scrittura sequenziale, mentre il numero di IOPS è pari a 95000 e 78000 negli scenari di lettura e scrittura ad accesso casuale rispettivamente.
I nuovi SSD SanDisk Extreme II sono già disponibili sul mercato con tre differenti capacità, pari a 120GB, 240GB e 480GB; il produttore ha indicato anche il corrispondente MSRP, che è pari a $129.99, $229.99 e $439.99, in accordo all'ordine di citazione.
[Immagine ad alta risoluzione]
SanDisk Corporation, a global leader in flash memory storage solutions, today announced that it has further expanded its trusted and broad solid state drive (SSD) portfolio with the addition of three new models - the high-performance SanDisk Extreme II SSD for technology enthusiasts and gamers, as well as two new OEM SSDs designed to enable cutting-edge notebooks and tablets.
All of the new SSDs introduced by SanDisk today are built with the company's advanced 19 nanometer (nm) manufacturing process technology and rely on SanDisk's intelligent flash memory architecture. This combination enables SanDisk to create SSDs that are exceptionally responsive, reliable and energy-efficient1. SanDisk will be showcasing its full SSD line-up at the company's booth at COMPUTEX TAIPEI on June 4-8, 2013 (booth number N0804).
"Today, we again raised the bar by bringing our latest technology innovations to a new generation of SSDs that address the most demanding computing needs," said Kevin Conley, senior vice president and general manager of Client Storage Solutions at SanDisk. "The SanDisk Extreme II SSD, our fastest and most responsive SATA III SSD to date, is a great option for gamers, PC enthusiasts or any consumers who want to get the most from their computing experience. And, we've enhanced two of our most popular OEM SSDs to enable PC makers to push the boundaries of computing even further. These new SSD products reaffirm the standard set by SanDisk for performance, reliability and flexibility."
SanDisk Extreme II SSD for Responsive and Reliable Performance
The blazing fast SanDisk Extreme II SSD significantly improves data-transfer, application launching, and boot-up and shut-down times for notebook computers and desktops. Leveraging SanDisk's advanced 19nm flash memory and proprietary high-performance tiered system architecture (which includes the company's exclusive nCache acceleration technology), the SanDisk Extreme II SSD brings a fast and enjoyable user experience to data-intensive multimedia applications, such as digital music and photography experiences. For gamers, the SanDisk Extreme II SSD enables quick game loading and enhances gameplay.
New SSD Models and Form Factors for OEM Customers
- Exceptional Speed: The SanDisk Extreme II is faster than the original SanDisk Extreme SSD, delivering up to 550MB/sec sequential read and 510MB/sec sequential write speeds, and up to 95,000 random read IOPS and 78,000 random write IOPS.
- Trusted Reliability: As SanDisk's fourth-generation retail SSD, the SanDisk Extreme II SSD delivers the robust reliability that SanDisk customers have come to trust. The SanDisk Extreme II SSD is qualified to deliver 80 terabytes written (TBW) over its lifetime. It comes with a five-year limited warranty with purchase.
- Pricing and Availability: The new SSD is available now worldwide in 120GB, 240GB and 480GB capacities at $129.99, $229.99 and $439.99 MSRP respectively.
SanDisk also today broadened its line-up of advanced SSDs for PC makers. Bringing advanced 19nm technology to SanDisk's industry leading form factors and computing capabilities, the SSDs are designed to bring nimble performance, robust capacity and advanced power management to ultra-thin notebooks and tablets. The new SSD products and form factors include:
- The SanDisk U110 SSD: The cost-effective and responsive SSD solution is available in multiple formats to accommodate a variety of computing device designs, including Half-Slim SATA, mSATA, mSATA mini, 2.5" cased and M.2.
- The SanDisk iSSD i110 integrated storage device: The company's smallest solid state device, the i110 iSSD delivers up to 128GB of digital storage in a compact BGA form factor. The solution is well-suited for use in incredibly thin and light mobile computing devices, and many 'convertible' laptops, which offer both tablet and notebook functionality. The i110 SanDisk iSSD integrated storage device is available in both 16x20mm and 12x16mm form factors.
- The SanDisk X110 SSD in mSATA form factor: The recently introduced SanDisk X110 SSD is now available in the mSATA format and can be purchased in 32GB, 64GB, 128GB and 256GB capacities.
The new mSATA version of the SanDisk X110 SSD is also now available through the company's worldwide distribution channel, "SanDisk for Business". SanDisk for Business offers OEM and enterprise-grade SSDs to value-added resellers (VARs), system integrators and direct market resellers (DMRs).
Source: SanDisk Press Release
Tags: extreme ii | sandisk | ssd