SANTA CLARA, CA—OCTOBER 14, 2005—NVIDIA
Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA), a worldwide leader in graphics and digital
media processors, today announced that it is delivering a full suite of
video and multimedia products specifically for Microsoft Windows XP
Media Center Edition 2005 with Update Rollup 2.
"Advanced video processing technologies such as PureVideo enhance
the Media Center experience and give consumers a complete home theater
experience on a PC," said Joe Belfiore, general manager of the Windows
eHome Division at Microsoft Corp. "We applaud NVIDIA for their efforts
and look forward to seeing more industry-leading video and multimedia
technology from them in the future."
NVIDIA is delivering solutions that maximize the Media Center experience including:
- The NVIDIA GeForce 6-series of GPUs featuring PureVideo technology, including the fanless GeForce 6600 HD design, enabling "silent" PCs
- The NVIDIA GeForce 7-series of GPUs for desktop
and notebook PCs, also featuring PureVideo technology and including the
award-winning GeForce 7800 GTX GPU, the first GPU to deliver advanced
video post processing of high-definition content.
- A complete family of new NVIDIA nForce 400 series motherboard
solutions featuring a GeForce 6 GPU and PureVideo high-definition
processing technology built directly into the core-logic
- A comprehensive family of NVIDIA Dual-Tuner Cards, enabling a higher standard in TV tuning and personal video recording on a Media Center PC
- NVIDIA PureVideo Decoder, featuring 2:2 and 3:2 pull-down technology for PAL and NTSC formats, and the best DVD movie viewing quality available on a PC
The combined power of the Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition
2005 operating system and NVIDIA PureVideo technology provides a
feature-rich, high-performance, rock-solid multimedia platform to take
consumers directly into the digital media future.
Partners that will be featuring NVIDIA technology in their
next-generation Media Center PCs, include: ABS, iBuypower, Dell
Computer, FIC, Hewlett Packard, HyperSonic, Shuttle Computer, Niveus
Media, Ricavision, Voodoo PC, and more. For a complete list of partners
and more information on where to buy, please visit the Company’s Web
site at www.nvidia.com.
Source: nVIDIA Press Release
Tags: nvidia | windows