Con il comunicato stampa di seguito allegato, Acer ha annunciato la nuova gamma di smartphone denominata Liquid, che risulta essere la prima al mondo ad annoverare prodotti che abbinano il processore Snapdragon di Qualcomm al Sistema Operativo Android 1.6 (aka Donut) di Google.
Al momento la linea Liquid è composta da un solo modello (cfr. la foto che segue), che si fa subito notare per il display touch screen (Wide VGA), la cui risoluzione è pari a 800x480 e per la capacità di visualizzare immagini in alta definizione. La cpu Snapdragon lavora a 768Mhz offrendo tutta la potenza necessaria per l'esecuzione di applicazioni come i game, le applet web e i programmi orientati al business.
Lo smartphone Liquid è predisposto per integrarsi con servizi web quali Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Picasa e Flickr; supporta le connettività 3G e 3G+ con HSPA (High Speed Internet Access) e può vantare l'ottima capacità di web browsing offerta da Android.
[Immagine ad alta risoluzione]
Acer introduces its new smartphone "Liquid" series: the world’s first Qualcomm Snapdragon processor based and world’s first Android 1.6 high definition smartphone, combining cutting-edge technologies, software innovation and an ultra-fluid user interface to create an all-new mobile experience. It is the ideal solution for users demanding the best from their devices, and in particular outstanding multimedia, web browsing, social media integration and video streaming. It also brings smartphone product design forward with its unique and modern style.
Finally something different
Acer Liquid is the first Wide-VGA smartphone in the market benefiting from the latest release of the Android 1.6 Operating System (aka Donut) and the first Android smartphone in the market equipped with the powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon processor.
This platform brings to market unique benefits for the end users and paves the way for a new wave of innovations from the developer community:
- With its High Definition capacitive touch screen (Wide VGA), Acer Liquid offers today an unparalleled experience when watching pictures or videos. But it also holds a promise for the future: the promise of an abundance of new applications on Android Smart Handhelds - games, professional applications and web applets that will enrich the end user experience. Now developers can be assured that their investment will build upon a standard resolution for the years to come;
- Powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, Acer Liquid provides instant access to web pages, smooth streaming of videos or music , and instant response from popular mail, maps and search applications. The high-speed processing capability and high-speed internet access (HSPA) of Snapdragon brings to life the Android experience: no idle-time, almost instant uploads of web pages and downloads of rich multimedia contents. The developer community can now take full advantage of these capabilities to bring to market innovative applications that demand raw computing power and superior handling of 3D graphics.
Unique software enhancements
Acer Liquid also bolsters a set of unique features developed by Acer and its partners:
- Improved power management to help achieve longer battery autonomy for intense users;
- A new user interface with easy access to entertainment and web bookmarks;
- An optimized camera with geo-tagging, ISO, self-timer options and accelerated auto-focus performance;
- Exclusive Spinlets application providing free streaming of worldwide music and video, that can be shared with friends and family through web-posting or e-mail;
- Smart integration of Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Picasa and Flickr in the address book, with realtime notification of status or content updates.
A refreshing alternative to square shapes
With ellipse curves, a choice of red, white and black colors, and a slim body shape, Liquid will please style-seeking consumers. Designed for ergonomy, Liquid fits well in the hand, and displays a smooth finish. The fluidity of its curves gives the Acer Liquid its unique character and unconventional style.
Source: Acer Press Release
Tags: acer | android | cpu | raffreddamento a liquido | smartphone | snapdragon