Con il comunicato stampa di seguito allegato, il memory maker statunitense Super Talent Technology ha annunciato la tecnologia brevettata RAIDDrive che permette di incrementare sia le performance che la massima capacitÓ delle soluzioni di storage per bus PCI-Express.
In accordo al produttore, un drive a stato solido o SSD costruito con l'ausilio della tecnologia RAIDDrive pu˛ avere una dimensione fisica fino a 2TB (2048GB); inoltre, in virt¨ del supporto della connettivitÓ con l'interfaccia PCI-Express 2.0 x8, pu˛ garantire una velocitÓ massima in fase di lettura sequenziale pari a 1.2 GB/s e una velocitÓ massima in fase di scrittura sequenziale pari a 1.3 GB/s.
Ulteriori dati sulle prestazioni di tali componenti saranno diffuse da Super Talent Technology durante il prossimo mese di Giugno.
[Immagine ad alta risoluzione]
[Immagine ad alta risoluzione]
San Jose, California - April 1, 2009 - Super Talent Technology, a leading manufacturer of Flash storage solutions and DRAM memory modules, today announced its patented RAIDDrive, which dramatically increases the performance and slot capacity of PCI Express-based storage solution. The new RAIDDrive is the market's largest and most innovative server-based solid-state storage solution, and an extension of its patented technology from the RAIDSSD product lines.
RAIDDrives support up to 2 TB of MLC or SLC Nand Flash memories, have a turbocharged DRAM Cache, and the RAIDDrive ES is fully battery backed to protect data in the event of power loss. The RAIDDrives connect through a PCIe Gen. 2.0 x8 interface and are capable of delivering sequential Read speeds of up to 1.2 GB/s, sequential Write speeds of up to 1.3 GB/s. More performance details will be unveiled in June. As an optional feature users will be able to configure the drives with an internal RAID5 capability to deliver an extra level of data protection for mission critical applications.
SuperTalent is releasing three families of RAIDDrives with features optimized for different market segments:
Super Talent has been pioneering the development of RAIDed SSDs with multiple patents granted since 2003 and has been shipping SSDs with internal RAID structures in the RAIDSSD product lines for many years. SuperTalent's existing, RAIDSSD product lines utilizing SuperTalent's unique patented RAID structure consist of:
- RAIDDrive ES - Enterprise Servers performing compute intensive applications such as database transaction processing, business intelligence, and virtualization.
- RAIDDrive WS - Workstation users performing tasks including animation, video editing, oil and gas exploration, CAD/EDA simulation, and scientific computing,
- RAIDDrive GS - Gamers looking to supercharge their IO Subsystem
According to CH Lee, COO of Super Talent, "We are proud of the innovative intellectual property that our outstanding engineering team has developed. The RAIDDrive is just the latest in a series of patented products which enable us to provide differentiated products to our customers."
- DuraDrive ET - High Performance IDE/PATA interface RAIDSSD 16-256GB, I-temp option available, 2.5" or 3.5" - FHDxxGCxxM/I
- DuraDrive AT - High Performance SATA interface RAIDSSD 16-256GB I-temp option available, 2.5" or 3.5"
- MasterDrive RX - Extreme Performance SATA interface RAIDSSD 128-512GB, 2.5" or 3.5" - FTMxxGExxH
Source: Super Talent Press Release
Tags: bus | pci-e | raid | ssd | super talent