Voodoo2

Started by societyx, 21 March 2004, 00:26:01

Previous topic - Next topic

societyx

I've tried just about everything I can think of to try to get this thing to work.. I DL'd the gold edition drivers thing and during installation I get this.. Conflicting .inf and .ini files:[0xd]  FAILURE: The data is invalid  then it keeps installing and when I try to actually use it in Quake2 and run it in 3dfx Mode it gives me an error that says  _GlideInitEnviroment: glide2x.dll expected voodoo^2, none detected.  I can't figure out how to get this thing to work .. Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Also I'm in Windows XP Trying to run Quake2 with my Voodoo2.

Nightbird

Did you install other drivers for your Voodoo 2 before the FastVoodoo's ?

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

societyx

No.. its done that with any drivers I've downloaded before also, but I removed em before the FastVoodoo.

societyx

I try to launch Quake2 in 3dfx OpenGL and I get grey screen.

societyx

Also I cant seem t install this WICKEDGL thing, it starts up says its initialising the setup shield or whatever and then nothing.

LW_Hearse

Just a possible consideration. Some newer motherboards have problems with V2's and USB 2.0 enabled. I had to go into the bios and disable the usb 2.0 before I stopped getting installation messages like the one's you're getting.

~Hearse

societyx

Doubt its a newer motherboard issue, this comp is prolly 6-7 or more years old.

Nightbird

Quotebut I removed em before the FastVoodoo
How did you remove the others drivers, that you had install i guess even with some difficulties ?
I think :
- the other(s) driver(s) are not completely removed (did you also remove the .inf ?)
- so you can't install correctly the last driver

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

Sanek

I'm guessing that one of the previously installed drivers messed up your registry. Under Win 2k/XP, you should have 2 voodoo2 services running at all times (control panel >>> system >>> device manager >>> (check "show hidden devices" in menu "view"), and look for voodoo2 services. If those are not present, your voodoo2 will not work.

If everything looks fine, try uninstalling the drivers and trying to do a troubleshooting install.
Intel Celeron 433 MHz
128MB + 32MB RAM
40GB + 5.5GB HDD
ATI Rage IIc (poor D3D and OpenGL performance)
Dimond Monster 3D II 8MB 3D-Accelerator
Win98SE
Win2K Pro SP4 + Aston Shell 1.9.0
RedHat Linux 7.5
DirectX 8.1 (Win98)
FastVoodoo2 4.6 Driver Set
DirectX 9.0b (Win2K)
FastVoodoo2 4.0XP GE Driver Set