3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo4/5 Setup and tweaking
 AmigaMerlin 3.0 XP and AGP FIFO
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

76 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2004 :  18:32:07  Show Profile  Visit Black_Out's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have noticed that in the .inf file there is no option for setting AGP 4x mode, only 1x - 2x - and Auto.

Is there a registry hack that I can create that will enable this option? This drvier set doesn't have the option to do so.

545 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2004 :  00:27:08  Show Profile  Visit amp_man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is this with a V4 or 5? 4x AGP will have no performance increase on a V5, because the V5 is a PCI66 part, and although the VSA-100 itself is AGP 4x, the SLI without a bridge controller makes 4x acceleration impossible and pointless. So you should either use 2x or 1x, although 2x won't have any real increase, either.
Go to Top of Page

76 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2004 :  03:28:27  Show Profile  Visit Black_Out's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's with a Voodoo 5500.

Yeah, I guess you could say it's for the sake of satiating the sense of false security, as I had didn't think that it would do any good since 3Dfx never used the 4x features like Dime or AGP execution mode, etc.

Though I appreciate you confirming what I was thinking was the answer was all along, but I had to ask just to be sure.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Contact Us

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums