What 3dfx card is this?

Started by LW_Hearse, 12 March 2004, 11:12:55

Previous topic - Next topic

amp_man

QuoteOriginally posted by Knuckles

right, but still need  my other 2 questions to be answered :)

"is it normal that the TV out is in black and white?

also, what can I connect on the top connector on the card? (black, female)?"

Hmm, TV out should be color. I don't know about the other connector, any chance you could post some pics from a different angle? I'm thinking S-Video and comp-out are the other two.
When the sun goes down, the music turns up...

Windows XP Pro|Athlon XP 1800+|Voodoo 5 5500 AGP|MSI K7T266-A|768MB DDR 2700 RAM|SonicEdge 5.1 Sound Card

Knuckles

I meen on the card, like for a daughter board , on the back , I know, S-video, Composite, VGA, and Stereo Googles (I think). but there is the normal DV connector but the other one on top (same as LW_Hearse's card). just like you could add another board for more performance....

Nightbird

Supports DVD/Mpeg video thru VMI (40 pin female) (for DVD decoders) or VESA (26 pin male) feature connector (used sometimes for adding mpeg cards)

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

dborca

QuoteOriginally posted by Nightbird

So guess what does 3Dfx do at this time ?
Simply 3Dfx offered to exchange the Hercules Stingray 128/3D Voodoo Rush daughter card (the "problem" was with this VoodooRush, perhaps the first VoodooRush) for a Voodoo Graphics card. ;)
I would have taken the offer. But his had a side-effect, I guess. 3Dfx lost money, also, not only "time and resources" during the Rush experience.

Quoteps : When i tried my VoodooRush (an Intense 3D Voodoo) on a KT133A with a TBird 1200, i didn't got "special" problems once the machine "stabilized". [:p]
I don't know what you mean by "stabilized". My system was pretty unstable from the boot process (it screwed up the fonts).
Quotepps : But if you want really a difficult VoodooRush, try to find one with the Macronix chipset ; for many people, this was the worst VoodooRush (because really poor performances in 2D).
Thanks, I've had enough of it.

Anyway, this is beyond the scope of the intended discussion. Let us not stray from the righteous path. ;)

I guess it's a matter of taste. Some like it, some not. My idea was: there's no point in worshipping a certain product only because it was branded 3Dfx. I love Voodoo1 even though it is useles now. But at least it was the best of its age. Ditto for Voodoo2.

Every company has its ups and downs. We are a community dedicated to 3dfx. Let us remember the bright side of it.
Regards,
Daniel Borca

Nightbird

QuoteI don't know what you mean by "stabilized". My system was pretty unstable from the boot process (it screwed up the fonts).
I knew also this problem ;)
I tried the Card on all the slots Pci (the best was the first, after the slot Agp) and i slowed down the bios of the mobo. I also noticed that the Card was rather hot.

Matter of taste, probably. :)
The best and the "worst", simply the full History.

But you're right "Let us not stray from the righteous path" ;)

In-ter-ac-tive :

Knuckles

any drivers worning for XP? i tried one but no success.... I need tv-out to work too ;) (AT3D if possible)

Nightbird

The only drivers that i know would work under Win2k (XP ?) and allow only the 2D.
Hum, the TV out [:p]

In-ter-ac-tive :

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Here is my Voodoo Rush:

Helios 3D Voodoo Rush Edition PCI 6MB
+ S/Video TV-Out, Composite TV-Out & Stereo In.

I bought it retail @ www.marktplaats.nl that's the dutch ebay [:o)]

here I searched under the phrase Voodoo:

http://www.marktplaats.nl/markt/hardware/videokaarten.htm?zoek=Voodoo&oudei=0

and here under the phrase 3dfx:

http://www.marktplaats.nl/markt/hardware/videokaarten.htm?zoek=3dfx&oudei=0

go to this topic if you want to see the box ;)

http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=545&whichpage=3

I also have the original CD , Booklet and Floppy disc , the floppy is still sealed in plastic. I bought this Voodoo Rush for 25 Euro's , which was a bargain in my opinion.