3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo3 and Velocity Discussions
 HELP with Mall Tycoon 2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eelvira
Novice

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2004 :  23:46:08  Show Profile  Visit eelvira's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi

My daughter wanted this game desperately and now it doesn't work. I downloaded patch 1.022 that its supposed to fix video problems. We can start the game, go through the ads, go through the configuration screens and when we click to start the actual game it kicks us back to the desktop. This is on an emachine 533 celeron with 192 MBs of memory running Windows XP pro. My guess is that the problem is still related to having a 3dfx Voodoo3 card.

Does anybody has any ideas on how to solve this? Me and my daughter will be forever grateful.

Thanks
Eric

Nightbird

1938 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2004 :  23:50:46  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi
Can you give more details about this game ? recommended system ? a link for the Site or for the demo ?

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

NitroX infinity
Average

Netherlands
352 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2004 :  00:43:52  Show Profile  Visit NitroX infinity's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think your memory is the problem here.
Windows XP itself uses most of your memory and there will be some other processes (drivers etc.) which also use memory. If you can, upgrade your system to 512MB of RAM (2x 256 if possible) or at the very least to 256MB. Or; throw Windows XP away (not literally!) and install Windows 98se.

[EDIT:]
Minimum System Requirements

Windows 98 / Me / XP
Pentium II 300 MHz or higher
DirectX 8 (www.microsoft.com/directx/homeuser/downloads/default.asp)
64 MB RAM
16 MB DirectX compatible 3D video card
DirectX compatible sound card
CD-ROM Drive
95 MB Hard Drive space
Mouse and Keyboard

Edited by - NitroX infinity on 08/03/2004 00:46:53
Go to Top of Page

Nightbird

1938 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2004 :  00:51:35  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting, so what drivers are you using ?

In-ter-ac-tive :

eelvira
Novice

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2004 :  02:54:44  Show Profile  Visit eelvira's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think that I messed up. I noticed in the CD box that it requires a 32 MB video card and mine is a 16 MB card. I guess the only solution is to upgrade video cards, no?

Thanks for all the help,
Eric
Go to Top of Page

Nightbird

1938 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2004 :  07:46:09  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
16 mb or 32 mb : can be the difference between a mini or a recommanded system.
Here, Phalanx wrote the minimum system reqirements : 16 mb

In-ter-ac-tive :

Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums