Started by s-quad_gizzang, 05 March 2004, 14:15:07

Previous topic - Next topic

s-quad_gizzang

Hey.. i need some help.

I'm trying to run HipHop Ejay 5, this is whats listed as system requirements:

Windows® 98, ME, 2000, XP
Pentium ® III, 450 MHz or higher
256 MB RAM
Minimum installation 650MB free hard disk space required, 1200 MB for full installation
4 x CD-ROM drive
4MB openGL 1.1 compatible graphics adapter (ensure that the latest graphics card drivers are installed)
DirectX® compatible VGA graphics card (16bit colour depth, 800 x 600)
DirectX® compatible sound card (16 bit)
DirectX® 8.0 (included on CD)
Internet Explorer® 4.0 (for Online Sound Archive)
Windows ® Media Player 6.4 (for Video Playback)

i have installed FastVoodoo2 4.0 XP Gold Edition, and the demos work great. my system meets all other requirements, but Hip Hop Ejay5 still isn't working properly. the program lags like crazy, and the graphics move in slow motion, and it eats up all my cpu. I'm wondering if it's the openGL part that is my issue? Also, in the folder FastVoodoo2_4.0_XP_Gold_Edition\Tools\OpenGL\CreativeGL is the file OpenGL32.dll, is there a way to install this or has it been installed already? how do i know? i know this site seems more based on pc gaming, but any help regarding this would help. sorry i dont know much about video cards, so easy on me =)

thanks..

dborca

QuoteOriginally posted by s-quad_gizzang

Hey.. i need some help.
You could take a look at MesaFX.
Regards,
Daniel Borca

Sanek

Hi, I'm having problem with both wickedgl and mesafx (Check out my problem: http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=951).

I'm wondering if MesaFX works with Voodoo2 based video cards, and if it does, how do I make Counter-Strike work with it? Assume that I just got the package, I already have glide3x.dll file in my WINNT\System32 folder from Voodoo2 drivers instalation. How do I install Mesa?

I've tried copying opengl32.dll file inside CS folder, CS runs it and the library gives me an error message: "3dfx Device Could Not Be Found!"

My computer Specs are in here: http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=951.
Intel Celeron 433 MHz
128MB + 32MB RAM
40GB + 5.5GB HDD
ATI Rage IIc (poor D3D and OpenGL performance)
Dimond Monster 3D II 8MB 3D-Accelerator
Win98SE
Win2K Pro SP4 + Aston Shell 1.9.0
RedHat Linux 7.5
DirectX 8.1 (Win98)
FastVoodoo2 4.6 Driver Set
DirectX 9.0b (Win2K)
FastVoodoo2 4.0XP GE Driver Set

dborca

QuoteOriginally posted by Sanek

I'm wondering if MesaFX works with Voodoo2 based video cards
Yes, it does, AFAIK. Mesa is not "installable". Just copy it wherever you need to (ie: game folder). And try to use the Glide that's embedded with MesaFX releases. If you think your game shows garbage because you need large texture support, take a look at MesaFX envvars.

Oh, and please stick to the original MesaFX topic. It'd be much easier for me.
Regards,
Daniel Borca

Nightbird

@ s-quad_gizzang
I would like to know if you try to run HipHop Ejay 5 in D3D or in OpenGl ? What's your main gfx card ?

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

Sanek

I recommend using WickedGL 3.02 Full all the time. You get twice the fps on Voodoo compatible video cards with WickedGL as you get while using MesaFX.

It only supports opengl mode, but can be used to play any number of new games supporting opengl.

If you want your game to run using opengl, you have to place opengl32.dll into your game executable folder and then switch to opengl mode if the game doesn't switch automaticly (most do).
Intel Celeron 433 MHz
128MB + 32MB RAM
40GB + 5.5GB HDD
Win98SE
RedHat Linux 7.5
DirectX 8.1 (Win98)
DirectX 9.0b (Win2K)

Avenger

Um...play any number of new games supporting opengl ? Yeah right...

It's marginally more compatible than the 3dfx ICD, but it still is OpenGL 1.1 only. Lots and lots of new games do *not* run with that. Mesa has OpenGL 1.2 and beyond. That will run the new games.

Sanek

[:I] dunno, all new games that support opengl(that I played), can run with wickedgl. Ofcourse, you might get low fps and some texture tearing, but thats all to be expected.

Anyway, if it works - its great, if it doesn't, use mesa

[8)] I hope fastvoodoo2 drivers would have D3D compatibility for win2k/xp in the future. I know its hard to do because [:(!]MICROSOFT[:(!] didn't feel like including that feature with Win2k/xp [V][V][V]

If D3D cannot be done, then maybe it can be emulated through opengl subroutines?
Intel Celeron 433 MHz
128MB + 32MB RAM
40GB + 5.5GB HDD
Win98SE
RedHat Linux 7.5
DirectX 8.1 (Win98)
DirectX 9.0b (Win2K)