Voodoo 3 3500 TV HELP!!!!HELP!!!! for XP

Started by rney, 05 March 2004, 07:10:21

Previous topic - Next topic

rney

I have had this card for a while and don't know how to watch TV on the computer.  the 3Dfx TV that use to work with win 98 doesn't work on my XP. Is there any way to fix this? Is there any other program I can use to watch tv on my cpu ....also I want to be able to record what I am watching...Is this possible? THANKS>>>>PLEASE HELP<<<<<<
Rodney

Nightbird

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

rney

Ok this is my problem... I have two of them...
One (my main problem) is I am trying to capture video off of the tv... I have a voodoo 3500 TV running on XP. I have downloaded the Amigo Sport 3.0 and the visualreality 3.10.06. Right now when I hook up the TV to the pod it does work so that I can view my computer screen on my TV. What I really am wanting to do is watch TV on my cpu screen and capture video. When I try to open the 3dfx TV it is giving me an Error mesage that says"Warning...The TV drivers are not installed. please install them by pressing the 'Driver' button..." I don't know what to do from here...I have already uninstalled both the Amigo and the VR and then re-installed them and the same thing is happening. If there is anything that might help me with this it would be great!
Second, I am wanting to play my Playstation 2 on the computer screen... I have hooked the cords into the pod but don't know what to do from here...what program do I use on my computer to be able to actually watch and play the PS2 on the cpu..
THANKS !!!!!!
RNEY

InSomNiaN

Hi,
Not too sure about your first issue, as I use win98se for my 3500, but in regards to your second question, you need to have vr installed and running to use the input of your 3500 pod.  
No vr = No input = no ps2...sorry :)
***ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI!***

amp_man

Isn't there another prog to capture video on 3dfx cards? I think lecram knows about this, and I think it's metioned in the 3dfx tv section, it should also work with the tuner of the v3 3500.

EDIT: Found the thread, it's right here, look at lecram25's last post, the second to the bottom. And hit up this site to grab the DScaler software.
When the sun goes down, the music turns up...

Windows XP Pro|Athlon XP 1800+|Voodoo 5 5500 AGP|MSI K7T266-A|768MB DDR 2700 RAM|SonicEdge 5.1 Sound Card

InSomNiaN

I've tried dscaler with the 3500TV and I had no luck. I thought it was meant to work on the voodoo TV cards, as they have the brooktree(??) tv tuner in them, not the toshiba etc which the 3500 have on them....
***ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI!***