3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 Software Platforms and Apps
 3D-Analyze and TnL games
 Age of Conan
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

andos
Novice

2 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2008 :  18:16:01  Show Profile  Visit andos's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I'm trying to run age of Conan but my graphics card is lacking in TnL and Shaders 2.0 . I've used 3d Analyze before on Guild Wars with great effect, it did just the job!

I think it would be just the ticket for Age of Conan but there is a small problem. Conan has 2 exe files - conan.exe and patcher.exe . The conan.exe is the game and the patcher downloads all the updates. If you try and run conan.exe through windows explorer, it loads the patcher exe first. I can't get 3d Analyze to run the conan.exe! It runs the patcher but it doesn't apply the changes to the conan.exe, so it still won't run :(

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

benna
Average

Italy
376 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2008 :  20:00:05  Show Profile  Visit benna's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In older version of 3DA there was the possibility to load a pre execution dll or exe, check it

my PC:
AMD Athlon64 3200+ - ASUS K8V-Deluxe - 1GB DDR400 - 3DFX Voodoo 5 5500 PCI

3DAnalyze user guide http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/articles/template.php?id=5
Go to Top of Page

andos
Novice

2 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2008 :  00:27:25  Show Profile  Visit andos's Homepage  Reply with Quote
awesome benna, thanks. Looks like it may be what I'm after! on my work laptop now, so will check it out tomorrow. thanks again dude
Go to Top of Page

smithfactor
Novice

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2008 :  10:27:03  Show Profile  Visit smithfactor's Homepage  Send smithfactor an AOL message  Click to see smithfactor's MSN Messenger address  Send smithfactor a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Having same problem with age of conan usin 3dfx 2.6 but evertime i try to run it it says it cant intiate becuz of rendering i have a laptop with 915 series intel chip any advice?
Go to Top of Page

300zedex
Novice

2 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2008 :  13:51:29  Show Profile  Visit 300zedex's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey all,

I'm sorry to ask more about this, but i have been unable to get this to work. I have version 2.26, and i keep getting

'Failed to initialize rendering subsystem'

My laptop meets all the requirements except i'm running a gfx card without Hardware TnL

Can anybody lend me a tip on how they got this to work?

300zedex
Go to Top of Page

benna
Average

Italy
376 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2008 :  23:03:11  Show Profile  Visit benna's Homepage  Reply with Quote
check "force sw t&l" and "emulate HW t&l caps"

my PC:
AMD Athlon64 3200+ - ASUS K8V-Deluxe - 1GB DDR400 - 3DFX Voodoo 5 5500 PCI

3DAnalyze user guide http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/articles/template.php?id=5
Go to Top of Page

300zedex
Novice

2 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  02:34:34  Show Profile  Visit 300zedex's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for replying,

Tried these things and i still get the same error message :( I guess i just have to upgrade my pc
Go to Top of Page

lag2
Novice

9 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  07:07:42  Show Profile  Visit lag2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Please andos help my with setting to Guild Wars.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums