Age of Conan

Started by andos, 28 May 2008, 18:16:01

Previous topic - Next topic

andos

Hi,

I'm trying to run age of Conan but my graphics card is lacking in TnL and Shaders 2.0 . I've used 3d Analyze before on Guild Wars with great effect, it did just the job!

I think it would be just the ticket for Age of Conan but there is a small problem. Conan has 2 exe files - conan.exe and patcher.exe . The conan.exe is the game and the patcher downloads all the updates. If you try and run conan.exe through windows explorer, it loads the patcher exe first. I can't get 3d Analyze to run the conan.exe! It runs the patcher but it doesn't apply the changes to the conan.exe, so it still won't run :(

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

benna

In older version of 3DA there was the possibility to load a pre execution dll or exe, check it
my PC:
AMD Athlon64 3200+ - ASUS K8V-Deluxe - 1GB DDR400 - 3DFX Voodoo 5 5500 PCI

3DAnalyze user guide http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/articles/template.php?id=5

andos

awesome benna, thanks. Looks like it may be what I'm after! on my work laptop now, so will check it out tomorrow. thanks again dude

smithfactor

Having same problem with age of conan usin 3dfx 2.6 but evertime i try to run it it says it cant intiate becuz of rendering i have a laptop with 915 series intel chip any advice?

300zedex

Hey all,

I'm sorry to ask more about this, but i have been unable to get this to work. I have version 2.26, and i keep getting

'Failed to initialize rendering subsystem'

My laptop meets all the requirements except i'm running a gfx card without Hardware TnL

Can anybody lend me a tip on how they got this to work?

300zedex

benna

check "force sw t&l" and "emulate HW t&l caps"
my PC:
AMD Athlon64 3200+ - ASUS K8V-Deluxe - 1GB DDR400 - 3DFX Voodoo 5 5500 PCI

3DAnalyze user guide http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/articles/template.php?id=5

300zedex

Thanks for replying,

Tried these things and i still get the same error message :( I guess i just have to upgrade my pc

lag2

Please andos help my with setting to Guild Wars.