Forum engine

Started by kalte, 10 May 2008, 16:32:51

Previous topic - Next topic

kalte

Hi. I've been thinking that the forum engine is very limited and a little obsolete compared with some other forum engines. Maybe it could be possible to update it to a more sophisticated engine, i.e. a forum engine that allows people to upload their own avatars to make things easier for most people. I thibk that vBulletin is a good, stable and solid engine, but it's not free, but maybe donations could be made to buy it, some clicks on the Google Ads or use another free forum engine.

Bye, thanks for your time!
DFI Infinity nForce4 UltraII M2 || Athlon 64 X2 5000 || 2GB RAM (2x1024) DDR2  || HDD 40GB || LG DVD Writer || Voodoo3 2000 PCI @ V3 3000

Glide

Hi kalte,

thank you for this question and for useful feedback.

The upgrade to newer web application as well as full data migration are both technically possible steps, of course.  And really those actions have been already scheduled also if at this moment using vBulletin or Open Source web app is not clear for us.

However the upgrade has mid-low priority and this is so because:

• There are not stability issues (until now...;));
  • Current limitations aren't fundamental features;
  • There are not a lot of members that require it.

That's all for now,

Bye bye

kalte

OK! thanks for your reply!!
DFI Infinity nForce4 UltraII M2 || Athlon 64 X2 5000 || 2GB RAM (2x1024) DDR2  || HDD 40GB || LG DVD Writer || Voodoo3 2000 PCI @ V3 3000