3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo3 and Velocity Discussions
 3dfx Velocity 4MB UPG Daughter Board
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NitroX infinity
Average

Netherlands
352 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2004 :  22:35:28  Show Profile  Visit NitroX infinity's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I found several references on the internet to a product called "3dfx Velocity 4MB UPG Daughter Board For Velocity 3D Product Only (3DFX)".
All references seem to link to a product for sale at amazon.com.
As far as I can gather from the name it's a memory addon for the Velocity 100 and 200 boards. However, I've seen loads of references which claim that a Velocity 128 is also from 3dfx while it actually is from STB (Pre-3dfx)

So, does anyone know if this is an addon for the 3dfx Velocity's (100 + 200) and if so, do you have more info about it?

NitroX infinity
Average

Netherlands
352 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  13:14:13  Show Profile  Visit NitroX infinity's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Anyone?
Go to Top of Page

Maverick
Novice

USA

14 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2004 :  09:14:49  Show Profile  Visit Maverick's Homepage  Send Maverick an AOL message  Send Maverick an ICQ Message  Click to see Maverick's MSN Messenger address  Send Maverick a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
From what I understand it only for the Velocity Series cards. It might work on the Voodoo 3 TECH since it pretty much the same thing. The only information I could find on it was this link and I know it's not much.

http://www.epinions.com/pr-Memory_3dfx_Interactive_Video_adapter_memory_4MB_EDO_RAM_V3C94GI/display_~full_specs

http://www.upcdatabase.com/list.pl?type=mfr&which=745162

Edited by - Maverick on 10/07/2004 09:18:52
Go to Top of Page

NitroX infinity
Average

Netherlands
352 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2004 :  09:48:00  Show Profile  Visit NitroX infinity's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hmm, EDO-RAM, Velocity 3D?
Why use EDO-RAM when the card (Velocity 100/200) itself has SGRAM memory?

Perhaps it is for the pre-3dfx Velocities
Go to Top of Page

Nightbird

1938 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2004 :  09:58:59  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Except that the Velocity 3D used a chip S3 Virge VX 988 and owned 4 Mb Edo Vram + an upgrade module of 4Mb EDO DRAM.
The card was manufactured en 1997 by STB (who used already the name "Velocity") so before 3dfx bought the firm.

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

NitroX infinity
Average

Netherlands
352 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2004 :  18:00:14  Show Profile  Visit NitroX infinity's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great! That answers my question :D
To bad it isn't for the Velocity 100/200.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums