3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo3 and Velocity Setup and tweaking
 Voodoo 3 xp black screen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anaximandros
Novice

Greece
2 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2008 :  12:46:08  Show Profile  Visit Anaximandros's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I dig up my old voodoo 3 (16mb) I install the Nfx Voodoo345 beta2 drivers and start my pc (my ati radeon 1600 512mb was in - system boot from pci first). The system recognized the voodoo at start up screen and the logo of win xp pro came up, and when it was time for the desktop to come up the screen went black. I recover only with reset.
The system works perfectly with my ati card and also sees the Voodoo but when I start with the Voodoo card I face the same problem.
I have the screen resolution at 800x600 16bit my system config. is:
amd 64b +3200, 1gb, ati radeon x1600pro 512mp,win xp pro, Viewsonic
VA703b monitor.
Any help appreciated
Thanks in advance

benna
Average

Italy
376 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2008 :  14:08:50  Show Profile  Visit benna's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The bios recognises correctly the voodoo, but windows is still using the ati as primary display.
Set into the BIOS the ati as primary, boot in windows and then switch to voodoo3

my PC:
AMD Athlon64 3200+ - ASUS K8V-Deluxe - 1GB DDR400 - 3DFX Voodoo 5 5500 PCI

3DAnalyze user guide http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/articles/template.php?id=5
Go to Top of Page

Anaximandros
Novice

Greece
2 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2008 :  19:13:13  Show Profile  Visit Anaximandros's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your help, after I make the Voodoo work from windows, it also started as primary from
the boot sequence of the windows
Thanks again
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums