3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 General Discussions
 VooDoo 5500. What is Connector? (+)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LLIaJIyH
Novice

14 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2004 :  18:24:35  Show Profile  Visit LLIaJIyH's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sorry for mistakes ;)
I look at the VooDoo5500 AGP Manual and saw description about strange connector What is "Digital Video Input Connector"? What i can plug to this connector ?

Image Insert:

23.85 KB

ThanK you!!

LGC
Novice

Poland
22 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2004 :  18:39:33  Show Profile  Visit LGC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
many graphics card have this connector,but why and what we can plug to him ?
Go to Top of Page

NitroX infinity
Average

Netherlands
352 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2004 :  19:23:22  Show Profile  Visit NitroX infinity's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's an old connector for monitors, I think they now use it for testing.
Anyway, someone on another forum I visit tried something out and managed to hook up a laptop tft screen to this connector (on an nVidia or ATi card) and got a reasonable good result. (I think he got a resolution of 320x240 with 16 colors.)
Go to Top of Page

amp_man
Experienced

545 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2004 :  21:54:40  Show Profile  Visit amp_man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, this is not for monitors, this is for connecting add-on TV Tuner cards, like the Voodoo TV 100/200 (as well as others). It provides some video output for certain cards, which is why Voodoofiles's very own Vuikie could connect a laptop display panel to one on his S3Trio, using instructions from a dutch site, I believe.
Go to Top of Page

NitroX infinity
Average

Netherlands
352 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2004 :  00:27:49  Show Profile  Visit NitroX infinity's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Found the topic I was talking about:
http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/799377

It's Dutch but the pictures should say enough :)
BTW, amp_man, you were right :P
Go to Top of Page

Knuckles
Average

Canada
126 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2004 :  00:30:50  Show Profile  Visit Knuckles's Homepage  Click to see Knuckles's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I thought it was for DVD cards (card that have those connector don't have any DVD aceleration/decoder)
Go to Top of Page

amp_man
Experienced

545 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2004 :  04:11:41  Show Profile  Visit amp_man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think those types of DVD-ROMs require a seperate card, like the old CD-ROMs that needed a seperate card to interface, it doesn't seem likely that it would provide the bandwidth to transfer the data, because video requires so much of that bandwidth, it just wouldn't be reasonable, a seperate card would be much faster and efficient.
Go to Top of Page

qrazi
Average

Netherlands
214 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2004 :  08:38:32  Show Profile  Visit qrazi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i have a tv card, and a voodoo5, so would it be possible to use this connection between my tv card and my voodoo5?
the tv card i have is a terratec Cinergy 400

ECS K7s5a@ 147 MHz, Athlon XP 1600+@1825+, Voodoo5 5500 @166 MHz, 512mb pc3200
Go to Top of Page

amp_man
Experienced

545 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2004 :  20:48:39  Show Profile  Visit amp_man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if the TV card requires this connector, then you can probably use it. Check the manual from your TV card. Having never used a TV card myself, I can't really answer that definately, I just know that that's the function of this connector
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums