3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Hints By Advanced Users
 Skillz you need to help with glide developpment
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

perer
Average

Netherlands

243 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2004 :  16:36:20  Show Profile  Visit perer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What skillz do you need to help with programming the source code for glide3. I know how to programm in C/C++ have done a little bit of basic. And know glide2x.
I want to help to modify glide3(koolsmoky's) so that it will support all voodoo's and more features.
I don't know how I have to mail about this Koolsmoky, amigamerlin or
glide or dborca if I want to join.

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2004 :  08:20:55  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by perer

What skillz do you need to help with programming the source code for glide3. I know how to programm in C/C++ have done a little bit of basic. And know glide2x.
I want to help to modify glide3(koolsmoky's) so that it will support all voodoo's and more features.
I don't know how I have to mail about this Koolsmoky, amigamerlin or
glide or dborca if I want to join.

Hehehe! Pure ANSI C will do! Which HW are you interested in? Drop us a line...

Regards,
Daniel Borca
Go to Top of Page

perer
Average

Netherlands

243 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2004 :  17:29:58  Show Profile  Visit perer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't know if you noticed but mainly Voodoo2 (SLI).
Because I don't have other Voodoo's yet.
But working with programms concerning voodoo5 is fine with me to.
I hope that one day we can integrate support for all voodoo's, in one Glide and better support for opengl (not that it is bad I am already happy that Dborca made mesaFX compatible with Voodoo2, It was faster than wickedgl with my voodoo2)and finally make a directx to Glide wrapper compatible with all voodoo's. That is my vision.
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2004 :  08:08:34  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by perer

I don't know if you noticed but mainly Voodoo2 (SLI).
Because I don't have other Voodoo's yet.
But working with programms concerning voodoo5 is fine with me to.
I hope that one day we can integrate support for all voodoo's, in one Glide and better support for opengl (not that it is bad I am already happy that Dborca made mesaFX compatible with Voodoo2, It was faster than wickedgl with my voodoo2)and finally make a directx to Glide wrapper compatible with all voodoo's. That is my vision.

Voodoo2 is OK! I have one for testing (and hoping to enlarge my collection). Anyway, unifying Glide for all Voodoos might be a bad thing. CVG branch is specifically designed for non-3D core. H5 is already slower than H3 (in case of Voodoo3 / Banshee), because all decisions must be run-time: IS_NAPALM() or IS_VOODOO3(). We don't mean to make things even slower. The reason we endorse H5 for Voodoo3 is that H5 is more reliable (bugfree) and we don't have time to explore all possibilities -- not enough manpower.
Bottom line is: CVG will be for 3D core only and H5 will be for 2D/3D capable cards. Hum... I don't know about Rush...

Regards,
Daniel Borca
Go to Top of Page

perer
Average

Netherlands

243 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2004 :  19:20:19  Show Profile  Visit perer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
again thx for clearing me up. I had to know that considering I read the Glide manual (2.43). Where you to first have to detect which voodoo system you are using. But okay than I will be focusing on cvg for know on. Where is the source or do I have to join the team first????
Go to Top of Page

Tiago_BR
Novice

Brazil
1 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2004 :  15:18:40  Show Profile  Visit Tiago_BR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, hello, thats my first time in this forum, so if someone needs help for optimizing Voodoo2 SLI Memory management, just call me, I really want to improve the SLI memory managment system, as everbody has seem its very buggy, and the system does not recognize all the memory in the sli mode, and even adresses it well. Lets join to improve it!
Go to Top of Page

perer
Average

Netherlands

243 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2004 :  21:07:47  Show Profile  Visit perer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think that needs to be coded in assembly, which I do not know YET.
But I am glad that someone stil wants to optimize the voodoo2.
Will it make a big difference in performance if we would optimize the memory adressing?? I was thinking if it is impossible to disable the GPU/Memory clock synchronisation, to only overclock the GPU. is that possible? I don't expect it to be but can someone explain me why that is so?

Start War and peace will be appreciated
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums