3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 General Discussions
 About Mikepedo 2.0 and Amigamerlin 2.9
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

milen
Novice

25 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2002 :  09:59:37  Show Profile  Visit milen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
First I'm very happy that there is english board becaouse I don't
understand Italian lanuage.

I have several questions:

1. Is there are version of Mikepedo 2.0 for Voodoo3 and Windows98se
2. Whats new in Mikepedo 2.0XP
3. What will be new in Amigamerlin 2.9
4. Are this drivers developed only for Voodoo4/5
5. Are this drivers using source or just debuger and binary editing.
6. Is there someone that was abe to compile Mesa 5.0(Opengl 1.4) with glide support for Windows.

I know my questions are already answered in Italian but please answer me.

Reppyboyo
Novice

6 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2002 :  23:05:49  Show Profile  Visit Reppyboyo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
1. Dont think so...
2. Its the same as the 3DHQ beta 7`s basically with a modded INF....a bad INF i must say..
3. Dunno i aint heard a word of it...
4. I thought Amigamerlin did V3 drivers too?
5. i dunno
6. Dunno
Go to Top of Page

Amigamerlin
Moderator

Italy


163 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2002 :  09:27:52  Show Profile  Visit Amigamerlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by milen

First I'm very happy that there is english board becaouse I don't
understand Italian lanuage.

I have several questions:

1. Is there are version of Mikepedo 2.0 for Voodoo3 and Windows98se
2. Whats new in Mikepedo 2.0XP
3. What will be new in Amigamerlin 2.9
4. Are this drivers developed only for Voodoo4/5
5. Are this drivers using source or just debuger and binary editing.
6. Is there someone that was abe to compile Mesa 5.0(Opengl 1.4) with glide support for Windows.

I know my questions are already answered in Italian but please answer me.



Hello and welcome
1)I dont' know about Mikepedo 2.0 for win98/Me.
If you are interested there is a special driver set for win 98 /me called Amigamerlin 2.9 that work for voodoo3/4/5 but is thinked to run well on voodoo5 6000.
They come out shortly.
2) I hope mikepedo can answer you directly !!!
3) Amigamerlin 2.9 are based on the final core of beta 9 (when they come out - I have only a beta at the moment) with inf modification and can be used with 3DFX standard tool.
4) AM2.9 for win 98/me are for voodoo 3/4/5 - AM 2.9 XP are for voodoo 4/5 at the moment.
5) NO COMMENT
6) MAY BE !!! MAY BE !! news shortly !!! I hope !!!


Edited by - Amigamerlin on 18/12/2002 09:40:46
Go to Top of Page

milen
Novice

25 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2002 :  10:04:46  Show Profile  Visit milen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Amigamerlin!

This forum is great. I asked some questions in other forums and nobody answered to me.
I think many people have questions like this. There several drivers around and it takes a lot of time to test each of them whit every game you want to play to see which gives you best results.

And I have anohter question:

What's the state of opengl divers in the final core of beta9 are they new or modifed old. And on what they are based?
Go to Top of Page

Amigamerlin
Moderator

Italy


163 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2002 :  11:20:16  Show Profile  Visit Amigamerlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by milen

Thanks Amigamerlin!

And I have anohter question:

What's the state of opengl divers in the final core of beta9 are they new or modifed old. And on what they are based?




Only new glide for the moment. The opengl Section il the lastest of 3DFX !!!
Go to Top of Page

Reppyboyo
Novice

6 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2002 :  12:16:15  Show Profile  Visit Reppyboyo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Seeing the new OpenGL ICD is becoming less & less likely in my opinion...
But we shall see....
Hopefully your 2.9`s will be out soon.... :-)
Go to Top of Page

Highlanderpr
Novice

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2002 :  11:42:21  Show Profile  Visit Highlanderpr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When the new Amigamerlin 2.9 be out? Are you going to use Kool glide or colorless Glide Xp they are more stable than Kools! If i use the new Koolsmokey Glide i cant even start the Unreal Tournament old game The only thing you can see is a red light and a white one the Crash If i use the colorless they work awsome why is that???

Pentium III 550, 1 Gig Sdram Memory , Voodoo 5 5500 Agp (1.09 Beta 7 w 1013 Colorless )Windows Xp Pro (SP1) Direct X 9 Beta 3, Audigy Gamer
Go to Top of Page

Amigamerlin
Moderator

Italy


163 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2002 :  13:17:46  Show Profile  Visit Amigamerlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Highlanderpr

When the new Amigamerlin 2.9 be out? Are you going to use Kool glide or colorless Glide Xp they are more stable than Kools! If i use the new Koolsmokey Glide i cant even start the Unreal Tournament old game The only thing you can see is a red light and a white one the Crash If i use the colorless they work awsome why is that???

Pentium III 550, 1 Gig Sdram Memory , Voodoo 5 5500 Agp (1.09 Beta 7 w 1013 Colorless )Windows Xp Pro (SP1) Direct X 9 Beta 3, Audigy Gamer



I'm going to use koolsmoky glide and I dont' have had any crash.
With glide 2x apps, please don't use Force 32 bit rendering for glide!. With this settings active all apps that use glide2x can crash (like UT).
Try this fx and let me know !!!
Go to Top of Page

milen
Novice

25 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2002 :  15:38:04  Show Profile  Visit milen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have another question:
Is it possible to be emulated 32bit textures for voodoo3 so games that want them will run. I don't care so much for speed.Maybe even faking 32bit textures with 16bit will br good enough to see anything.
Go to Top of Page

Highlanderpr
Novice

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2002 :  23:57:44  Show Profile  Visit Highlanderpr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the tip Amigamerlin that was the problem, the force 32 bit rendering!!! But why the game didnt crash w the colorless glide in full force 32 bit rendering? And the real question when your new drivers be out!!! :)

Pentium III 550, 1 Gig Sdram Memory , Voodoo 5 5500 Agp (1.09 Beta 7 w 1013 Colorless )Windows Xp Pro (SP1) Direct X 9 Beta 3, Audigy Gamer
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

 

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

 

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums