Performance of the 6000

Started by Rolo01, 21 January 2004, 09:40:07

Previous topic - Next topic

NitroX infinity

Depends on the capabilities of the motherboard.

Rolo01

@ Phalanx

Which kind of tests do you want me to perform ?
Shall I overclock the voodoo itself or do you mean overclocking the FrontSideBus ?
Which Benchmark should I use ? Unreal v226 just like before ?

NitroX infinity

I'm talking about overclocking the voodoo's self offcourse. I don't care about the cpu :) And unreal would be fine. Just as long as you run the same tests on every speed and card :P

(V4 4500 @ 140MHz/150MHz/160MHz/170MHz
V4 4800 @ 140MHz/150MHz/160MHz/170MHz)

Rolo01

Sorry, it took a little bit longer.
Here are the results :

Image Insert:

71.06 KB

As you can see, the daytona behaves almost exactly like an ordinary V4...

NitroX infinity

Well, since the daytona is an early revision (I presume) there would have been room for improvement. I assume it's not unthinkable that the final revision of the daytona would perform at least 10 percent better.

cosworth6k

3dfx ZoNe moderator
Powered by voodoo 6000

ElvIsAlive007

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Hey all

After reading this topic even being very old, I kinda miss these days, back then we were all exploring on how things worked, and man this place was active like if there was no tomorrow.

Would it be possible to relive these days?

Anyways I surely hope so, it really kept our minds going didn't it, well it did for me that's one thing for sure.