3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo4/5 Discussions
 voodoo 5 agp and pci together?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

3dfxdemex
Novice

Mexico
1 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2007 :  03:24:19  Show Profile  Visit 3dfxdemex's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is possible to connect an AGP and a PCI voodoo cards in the same motherboard, in order to work together?

ggab
Average

Argentina

294 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2007 :  07:29:08  Show Profile  Visit ggab's Homepage  Send ggab an ICQ Message  Click to see ggab's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hola amigo!

no, you can't. (i guess you wanna try SLI modem but it is not a SLI conector)

saludos
Go to Top of Page

fantacyraider
Novice

21 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2007 :  15:24:33  Show Profile  Visit fantacyraider's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if a v5 and a second card v2 or v1,that matches and work fine,agp and pci work fine all alone.
Go to Top of Page

m14radu
Average

Romania
444 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2007 :  17:06:57  Show Profile  Visit m14radu's Homepage  Send m14radu a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
With the right drivers, it should be possible.
It's not impossible.

Follow your dreams !
Go to Top of Page

SuperFurryFurryThing
Average

385 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2007 :  17:28:03  Show Profile  Visit SuperFurryFurryThing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I m not sure what you mean by work together, if you are using a dual monitor setup under 2000/XP then you can have an AGP card driver one monitor and a PCI one drive the other monitor, that will work. The cards cannot both be used to driver a single monitor, you will not get an SLI style setup.

SFFT
Go to Top of Page

mikepedo
Novice

Italy
32 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2007 :  16:18:34  Show Profile  Visit mikepedo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OFF TOPIC x SFFT:

Hello sfft,
i'm doing some test about hsr feature on 3dfx 1.04.01 beta driver.
See follows links:

http://www.forumzone.it/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25044&FORUM_ID=40&CAT_ID=25&Topic_Title=Quake3%2C+HSR%2C+Voodoo5+6000%2E%2E%2E%2E+IMPRESSIVE%21&Forum_Title=3dfx+Hardware+e+Software+%2D+Discussioni

and my Voodoo5 6000 with HSR in action here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaH1_c58rTY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi58KMzogsA

What do you think about? ;)

Best regards, Michele.
Go to Top of Page

Xasd
Initiate

Spain

68 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2007 :  11:42:19  Show Profile  Visit Xasd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow these are good news

If HSR could be implemented into SFFT drivers, games can run at highter framerates. Quake 3 its a good example

Did you try another game in action?. If so, post some screenshots
Go to Top of Page

mikepedo
Novice

Italy
32 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2007 :  18:31:44  Show Profile  Visit mikepedo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm trying RTCW with HSR, but this game don't work correctly
Now i use my last setup driver for Win98, Mikepedo 1.1
Respect "3dfx reference driver" i have a bit lost performance with HSR enable, but less artefacts! Some maps in Quake3 Arena are perfects!!!
Go to Top of Page

Vanne
Novice

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2008 :  04:24:45  Show Profile  Visit Vanne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
getting back onto topic, so you can use a V5 (agp) for your main card, and then say useing a V3 (evil king PCI) to drive your second monitor? will you need to install 2 drivers or will the main driver for the V5 also work with the V3 pci one?

cheers
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums