how to setup 3dhq beta 10 if hassles loading !!!

Started by ElvIsAlive007, 17 March 2003, 22:48:22

Previous topic - Next topic

ElvIsAlive007

posted at 3dhq by Amigamerlin and ElvIsAlive

------------------------------

Hello guys,
This is my personal procedure to correctly install the driver without any kind of problem;
This procedure is tested from many user and works great:
Only 3 step:

1) Run regedit and find  
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\
Delete "3dfxvs" folder
Reboot

2) Execute "Driver setup.exe" (overwrite all file ) then reboot  

3) Execute "isetup.exe" to complete install the tools (if you want or if the tools are not installed ). If the tools are already installed it's not necessary unistall them.

IMPORTANT!!! ALLWAYS OVERWRITE ALL FILES!!!  

After the last reboot Run DXDiag to test if it's all ok !!!

Try and let me know !!!
Bye  

supervette5885
Member 2nd Class

# 1547

Re: WINDOWS XP DRIVER INSTALLATION (SOLUTION)  
« Reply #76 on: Jan 15th, 2003, 6:17pm »  Quote  Modify  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK...
My brother's computer is a DELL with built-in Rage IIC+ agp video. It cannot be disabled through bios. I tried your steps to install the BETA7 drivers, but after i install the Diamond Monster Z100 drivers, i restart and the screen is all funky lines, and thats in both safe mode and normal. There's two identical computers - one with the final internal release of XP (so i can't upgrade it to SP1) with DX9, and the other with WinXP SP1 and DX9. Neither work. I'm stuck tellin them to use the built-in video, which isn't worth **** when it comes to gaming with those chipsets alone. I've tried moving which pci slot its in (that used to work with different boards that weren't video), installing with the stock agp video running (it gives me a null error sayin there's no voodoo), even reinstalling DX9. Any ideas?

Also, don't say i don't know how to install them cuz they work fine on my computer, and i used your whole process then too.  
« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2003, 6:18pm by supervette5885 »  Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AMD XP 1900+, ASUS A7V266-E, 256 MB DDR PC2100, 300W PW, Voodoo5 5500 PCI, Cambridge Soundworks PCWorks 2.1 Speakers, 2150 3DMarks  

3dfxvoodoo7maka
Member 2nd Class

# 73

Smokin'

« Reply #77 on: Jan 16th, 2003, 12:23am »  Quote  Modify  

YO! don't get tired of trying. After clean install if it ain't working that's because it doesn't work! But keep waiting for newer Driver Updates.  
That's the only Choice there is!

But obiouvsly after so many different drivers on the same System, nowonder there are conflicts.  

The solution to all that = Windows XP Sux with Voodooz 3z.  
Last official drivers 1.08.04 from 3DFX over Win98SE are the best drivers, everything worx, UT2k3, GT3, ..... So all this 3th party drivers are buggy!

We'll have more succes with second edition of XP i guess!

Pentium III 733 Mhz XEON 2MB L2 Cache (ASuSTek)
3DFX Voodoo 3 2000 PCI
2GB KingStom Ram
60GB ATA100 Maxtor
SBLive! X-Gamer 5.1  

ElvIsAlive
Member 2nd Class

# 117

Australia - We back the USA all the way NUKE SADAM

« Reply #78 on: Feb 12th, 2003, 12:16pm »  Quote  Modify  Remove  

Uninstall all drivers and the tools.    

Make sure you have (winxp SP1 ) and DX8.1 redist installed.    

Manually (via device manager) force the PC to use the Diamond Monster drivers for your display adapter (yes, you heard me right) and reboot.    

Delete the registry key:  

hkey_local_machine/system/currentcontrolset/services/3dfxvs    

Delete 3dfxvs.dll, glide2x.dll, glide3x.dll, opengl32.dll (if applicable), and 3dfxOGL.dll from your Windows\System32 directory.    

you may need to go into safe mode and to detlte the above files, you may also need to  

delete 3dfx file at these locations  

c:\windows\driver cache\i386 - and move and also rename the driver.cab to driver.txt to stop windows from useing the 3dfxvs.dll in there lol and load the drivers from safe mode adim mode - cant go wrong if you got problems installing ok

driver.cab is at c:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386  rename it  

then delte 3dfxvs.dll again this time it should not come back 10 seconds later which mainly causes all the problems,  

Reboot.    

Run the driver-installer executable you downloaded.    

Reboot when prompted at the end of the install sequence.    

Run dxdiag's d3d tests.  If d3d 8 tests run successfully, you have successfully installed the drivers.

bloodworm

didn't know renaming the .cab file was safe.  thanks for the tips.  trying now.....
Bloody Mess