3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo3 and Velocity Discussions
 16mb 3dfx voodoo 3 3000D AGP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shurz
Novice

1 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2004 :  17:29:38  Show Profile  Visit Shurz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can anyone help me. I am using Windows 98Se and my screen area keeps changing from 1024X 768 to 640x400 it freezes and won't let me change back to 10274X768. I have been on various forums and it looks as though I need to reinstall the drivers. I beleive that voodoo 3dfx graphics card company when out of business in December 2000 I bought my PC from Dell in January 2000.

I have recently had my hard drive re-formatted and the person that did it for me got the drivers from a web site and not the resource disk that Dell provided me with as the drivers were not on the resource disk. The person that reformatted my computer was supposed to have copied these files on a Cd for me but I cannot find a setup exe file for the drivers there are lots of other files relating to voodoo 3dfx. I really need to get a copy of these drivers so that if in future I need to re-format or I am thinking of updating to windows 2000 (not XP as I have heard it is not very stable) or do you think I should just get a new graphics card installed on my computer.

Nightbird

1938 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2004 :  18:53:35  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Did you try the Amigamerlin 2.9 for Win9x ?

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

ppg960
Novice

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2004 :  19:17:53  Show Profile  Visit ppg960's Homepage  Send ppg960 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
What size is your monitor?
You have a driver problem for sure.
I run XP on a voodoo 3 with wicked GL drivers, no problem My screen is set to 960x720. Try going to techspot.com for all the 3dfx drivers you will ever need.

Mike.
Go to Top of Page

Nightbird

1938 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2004 :  19:42:39  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Try going to techspot.com for all the 3dfx drivers you will ever need

http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/3dfx/index.htm
And techspot.com links "only" to others sites...

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

Edited by - Nightbird on 08/08/2004 19:54:57
Go to Top of Page

sps
Novice

19 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2004 :  12:20:58  Show Profile  Visit sps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
xp is as only stable as the hardware that supports it. my old comp was as stable as a one legged mountain goat; it once crashed 11 times in an hour! but i did some upgrading and i could play mafia for hours on end.......bliss...untill it started crashing again....peice of crap... anyway i got a new dell computer in february, and its running xp without a hitch
Go to Top of Page

wANGjIAN
Novice

China

9 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2004 :  13:43:35  Show Profile  Visit wANGjIAN's Homepage  Click to see wANGjIAN's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think if u reinstall the driver the problem will be OK.

Voodoo5 AGP Rev 2100 -6 HYundai
Celeron 800 + GA-BX2000 +192 RAM +Diamond S100
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums